Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
Hiya John..hope you're well, mate.

I'd take anyone ahead of our forward line. Our main striker is shite and our £5 million striker is exactly what you'd expect from a £5 ,illion striker.
Who scored today and managed to get us a point. Credit due where credit's due. Certainly wasn't Joselu's fault today that we didn't win.

Honestly, don't know why people are whinging about the team today. The spirit and effort was 100% there, but as we've known for a long, long time, the quality just isn't there.

Ritchie has been poor going forward, but I rate his defensive work. People are saying Diamé was chronic - he was one of our better players today (he should've had a red, but didn't get it and saved a goal). His passing was decent and he seemed to pick up on the free balls when Swansea were (constantly) losing possession. I don't rate him at all normally, but he put in a good display today I thought. It's a big problem that we are so reliant on Atsu on creating chances at the moment as he's hit and miss. Shelvey made some decent passes today, but honestly I don't think his contribution is that great. Merino above him for me.