+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thoughts after today

Kanacaththebaw was excellent

came on tonight for a wee look .... nice to see the sad phuckers trolling again. Have a good (lonely) evening im off to pie and bovril for a proper fight

You’d get a decent one on the hilltoon

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post

4. Everyone bemoans the loss of GMS, Armstrong, Nadz - one player who we lost and have never replaced with disastrous consequences is Rado - absolute rogues gallery of impostors in our goal since then and the current number 1 is bordering on an embarrassment.

6. We have gone backwards under Csaba

7. Fyvie is a massive loss, but we have replaced him with a player no other club in this league could afford so we should be expecting him to step up. Early days for Slater but Csaba made the decision to sign an expensive player in a key position who hadn't played much football in a long time - if he doesnt fill that void effectively thats on Csabas head.
    Had to go back and look a wee bit further into what you say at No4. This was just to confirm we had Fojut and a certain Callum Morris in front of Rado for most of that season. They were great as a unit and show us now how big a mistake it was to let at least 2 of them go.

For 6 and 7 though, i think the 2 things go hand in hand. When he came in, Shabba knew he was building his team around Fyvie and must be cursing his luck just now. Thing is though, he may have seen Slater as a replacement, but i after sing him for the first time, he is more of a Sam Stanton than a Fraser Fyvie.

Because of losing Fyvie, i think the hurt is causing Shabba to overthink things and make some bad team selections. I disagree what ive read about Flood doing well today as i think Durnan was a one man show on the right side of defense at times. Would love to know what Ballantyne has done wrong as i though his showing v Brechin merited a run in the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs brown View Post
    You’d get a decent one on the hilltoon
    haha i like that - you should come on here more often. Love the hilltoon born and bred there mate - Rosebank primary, Jail then on here

What I don't understand is what has changed since Csaba's first few games. I can't remember who, but one of the players was saying that Csaba encourages the team to end every move with either a shot or a cross - and that happened in the first few games.

Now every move ends with a pass back to the keeper,who either lumps it up to someone not much taller than Warwick Davis or slices it out the park.

Has Csaba told them to stop shooting and crossing?

Has he told players not to take a man on?

Has he told the full backs to stop bombing forward and the midfielders to stop getting beyond the forwards?

What the fawk is going on? Is there anyone on here that goes over to St Andrews to watch them training that could shed some light on what they do Monday to Friday that causes the shambles on a Saturday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    What I don't understand is what has changed since Csaba's first few games. I can't remember who, but one of the players was saying that Csaba encourages the team to end every move with either a shot or a cross - and that happened in the first few games.

Now every move ends with a pass back to the keeper,who either lumps it up to someone not much taller than Warwick Davis or slices it out the park.

Has Csaba told them to stop shooting and crossing?

Has he told players not to take a man on?

Has he told the full backs to stop bombing forward and the midfielders to stop getting beyond the forwards?

What the fawk is going on? Is there anyone on here that goes over to St Andrews to watch them training that could shed some light on what they do Monday to Friday that causes the shambles on a Saturday afternoon?
    ^^^^ This. What the hell is going on? When he came in it looked like we were beginning to play some decent passing, attacking football. The last couple of games has been this side to side then backwards p1sh.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    After last week I'm fairly relaxed about that result as I feared a defeat, we have stopped the rot, showed last week was a freak, kept a cleansheet at a team in form (4 pts from East End Park is not bad), we now have two weeks until Morton at home (St Mirren go to Dunfermline that weekend in the Friday night)

At the end of the day the fact is no point knee jerking, no team in the league would have been unaffected by losing their two best players like we did losing Fyvie and Fraser to season ending injuries just as we had found form in November/December and a settled side, we've been very unlucky in the respect

We have a game in hand and just need to take it week by week, no point being gutless and having a loser outlook as a fanbase, make sure worst case scenario is 2nd which believe it or not gives us a better chance in the playoffs than last season

Roll on Alloa, can't beat a Scottish Cup away

P.s. Dunfermline telling big fibs about their crowds
    Disagree about 2nd , we were better today but I'm beginning to fear the worst. We have to beat Morton and ( ICT who are now starting to look a danger for the playoffs )in our next 2 games. 8 points is already a big margin. The worst case scenario has got to be 1st as we're not going up through the playoffs. No way we're beating 2nd bottom of the Premiership ,If we did get to the playoff final .

Preston is a grade 1 knob but not nearly as bad as that pseudo St Midden Hun whanker Chick (the prick) Young. Heard him on open all mikes saying that John Brown was at our game and Chico couldn't believe that he could possibly be looking at any of the players on show to join the zombie Huns. Glad we didn't drop any points yesterday but the loss of Fyvie needs to be addressed along with our attitude on the road. Any team that wins the Championship (or any other league in the world to be honest) needs to be able to grind out wins on the road and at this moment in time I don't believe we are capable of that. Hope fully Csaba can recruit further in this window to help get us back on track.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)