+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts after today

My thoughts on today are that was another embarrassing performance, never looked like threatening them, always to keen to pass backwards, we are totally schiete and the league is over, Csaba ain't turning this around!

Draw at east end park although needed more. We need to start winning games if we are going to catch St Minkden

8 points is a big gap and could be 11 before we next play in league

agree completely with that! we do need to buck up our ideas but after last weeks performance i would have took a draw away to a tough ground (yeah its hardly parkhead but its difficult anyways) and i think most have took a draw in normal circumstances.

its only seen as being a poor result because of last week and because of st mirren's win at dumbarton.

We need to beat Morton in a fortnight to make this a better point than it may seem and hope Dunfermline take pts at home to St Mirren, 0-0 ok not awe inspiring, not a disaster (that was last week), consolidation needed, wee break from league next week might help too

We need to look at some positives, we've had enough bad luck go against us recently and then a really awful result and capitulation last week, it's not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    agree completely with that! we do need to buck up our ideas but after last weeks performance i would have took a draw away to a tough ground (yeah its hardly parkhead but its difficult anyways) and i think most have took a draw in normal circumstances.

its only seen as being a poor result because of last week and because of st mirren's win at dumbarton.
    I'm assuming you weren't at the game Darren? We are brutal

Highlight of today was the steak bridie at half time...🙈

Still that's a pretty good highlight

Would have took a draw before the gem, thought for his first start lyng was ok, Mcdonald was dreadful, flood should stay at right back for time being, Lewis confidence is absolutely shot, Durnan and scobbie ok- neither great on ball but that was due to our midfielders not getting in to the pockets, keep the faith- Csaba is 100% right manager atm

Quote Originally Posted by edinarab View Post
    I'm assuming you weren't at the game Darren? We are brutal
    i was. im not going to post that we were great and everything is rosy! but after last weeks performance (which i was at aswell) i would have took a draw before the game. we looked a team short of confidence (hence why so many negative passes backwards and no real quality) i thought they were going to sneak it at the end when they hit the post but content without being happy. we do need to improve performances but im just taking this game after last weeks horror show.

we were worse at both games at falkirk and gave v livi away imo

0-0 away at Dunfermline who are on a good run is a decent result on the face of it.
    However after last weeks shambles there was a huge emphasis on us to produce a performance and make a statement that we are up for winning the league. Motivational speeches by Shabba, McDonald. I bought into it.
    What we got was mediocrity at best, we put pressure on them sporadically and when we did, they kick us and we go into our shell.
    Happens all the time and it is phucking embarrassing.
    Every chance they got was down to a mistake by us and they had THE chance at the end hitting the post, so we were fortunate to draw.
    If that is the best we can produce we are well and truly phucked.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)