Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Jch

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969

    Jch

    Criminal how he's not been given a chance. Yates he's had his chance, never be good enough. Smith we've only signed him cause there's no money available. Give Johno a chance or get shut. There'll be plenty of takers.

    Another thing about today we've got 3 right wingers involved but no cover in midfield. Newell's gone. Wiles this is the time to bring him in.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Criminal how he's not been given a chance. Yates he's had his chance, never be good enough. Smith we've only signed him cause there's no money available. Give Johno a chance or get shut. There'll be plenty of takers.

    Another thing about today we've got 3 right wingers involved but no cover in midfield. Newell's gone. Wiles this is the time to bring him in.
    I know what you mean. Trying to stick with the lads who've gone 7 unbeaten, criminal decision.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_NY View Post
    I know what you mean. Trying to stick with the lads who've gone 7 unbeaten, criminal decision.
    We haven't played like a top 6 side in those 7 games. A few tweaks will get us closer if we want to. But do we. A proper left sided midfielder/winger & playing JCH or Smith in place of Yates would be a start.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    We haven't played like a top 6 side in those 7 games.
    On your own admission you've not been to 4 of those 7 games so you're only relying on hearsay so you can't really say that mate.
    Last edited by loyalmiller; 13-01-2018 at 05:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    We haven't played like a top 6 side in those 7 games. A few tweaks will get us closer if we want to. But do we. A proper left sided midfielder/winger & playing JCH or Smith in place of Yates would be a start.
    You never say why JCH should be in the side.
    Is it because he's a non scoring striker, is it because he usually puts his shots into row Z, is it because he hasn't improved since the day he arrived at the club? Pray tell.
    For what it's worth I don't think Yates is anywhere near good enough either but there's plenty of better options out there if TS fancies getting his cheque book out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    You never say why JCH should be in the side.
    Is it because he's a non scoring striker, is it because he usually puts his shots into row Z, is it because he hasn't improved since the day he arrived at the club? Pray tell.
    For what it's worth I don't think Yates is anywhere near good enough either but there's plenty of better options out there if TS fancies getting his cheque book out.
    TS getting his cheque book out, you never know. All I'm asking is for JCH to be given the same chance as Yates. Last home game we improved with Johno on for Yates.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    TS getting his cheque book out, you never know. All I'm asking is for JCH to be given the same chance as Yates. Last home game we improved with Johno on for Yates.
    Yes we did and I said as much but JCH isn't the long term answer. He needs to move on and try his luck elsewhere.
    I must admit I don't understand why Yates keeps getting selected but I assume Smith will start on Saturday unless we make a stellar signing before then. Highly unlikely methinks.

  8. #8
    In my view JCH is a far better player than Yates when he wants to be, which ain't often!

    Yates gives his all and then some. If JCH gave the same effort and same work rate he'd be too good for us at our current level.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    In my view JCH is a far better player than Yates when he wants to be, which ain't often!

    Yates gives his all and then some. If JCH gave the same effort and same work rate he'd be too good for us at our current level.

    Loyal good points fella but on our last home game for all of Yates' efforts he managed a couple of knock on headers and little else. Cue JCH entering the game. He was simply streets in front of Yates in what he offered.

    Thing is JCH is his own downfall and he has no one to blame if he is shown the door. You have to give 100% every game not when you feel like it.

    Watch for JCH being offered out and Evo stealing him. Evo brought him in and in League 2 I feel he could do some damage just in time for the final push for the play offs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    JCH is our best striker. Just needs that chance. I weren't bothered about Frecks going. Would be if JCH left without being given a chance. Somebody will get best out of him. Be our loss.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    JCH is our best striker. Just needs that chance. I weren't bothered about Frecks going. Would be if JCH left without being given a chance. Somebody will get best out of him. Be our loss.
    Maybe gwru maybe.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    Brin know yr not into horseracing but like that I go on scope or progressive. JCH has both.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    JCH is our best striker. Just needs that chance. I weren't bothered about Frecks going. Would be if JCH left without being given a chance. Somebody will get best out of him. Be our loss.
    😀

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    Smith: Warney says he signed him cause he impressed coming on against us or was it he was in our price range. Not a good idea judging a player on about a 1/4 of a game. Especially when for us it was a 1st choice signing. Remember Walker from Chesterfield.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    JCH is our best striker. Just needs that chance. I weren't bothered about Frecks going. Would be if JCH left without being given a chance. Somebody will get best out of him. Be our loss.
    Evans signed him and gave him a chance. Every manager since then has given him a chance and he still hasn't delivered.
    How many chances do you want him to have?
    He's stealing a wage and it's time he went somewhere else to do that.

  16. #16
    I must admit Yates is foooooking useless !!!!!!! a waste of a position imo. We have had patience with him and it is so obvious it aint working. UTFM!!!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    I must admit Yates is foooooking useless !!!!!!! a waste of a position imo. We have had patience with him and it is so obvious it aint working. UTFM!!!
    Not seen Smith play yet, but I am aware of his previous record. so I'd start with Smith next game (assuming fully fit) and keep JCH and Yates on the bench - they are usually much more effective as subs. Plus, most forwards are "fired up" for a home debut.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-01-2018 at 09:11 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Not a good idea judging a player on about a 1/4 of a game.

    Hahaha the irony! Have you forgotten about Bailey-King?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,969
    Bk is like JCH got more than most of our players but Warney likes players who drink tea & run round cones. Bk only played less than a half for the 1st team. How could I have seen any more of him. Smith been playing for years. Hands up who'd never heard of him before this week. I hadn't.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes we did and I said as much but JCH isn't the long term answer. He needs to move on and try his luck elsewhere.
    I must admit I don't understand why Yates keeps getting selected but I assume Smith will start on Saturday unless we make a stellar signing before then. Highly unlikely methinks.
    And on what evidence is smith starting on Saturday? I'd like to see Jch given a fair few starts in this league as a reckon he could do some damage to teams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •