+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Championship striker..?

Who is the Championship striker..?

Alan Hardy said on BBC Nottingham today that we're after a Championship striker and he will know on Monday afternoon if we can get him. We've been competing with Wigan for the strikers signature, but they've just signed James Vaughan from Sunderland (and it wasn't him) so that must strengthen our hand.

Who do you reckon it is?

I'd like it to be George Hirst at Sheffield Wednesday. He'd only sign for us on loan as he'll probably get a move to a Prem league club in the summer. Phenomenal goals record at England U17-20 levels, but he can't get near the Wednesday team and seems to be in the middle of some sort of dispute with the club.

Jamie Ward

Michael Petrasso? Left QPR on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Jamie Ward
    Wouldn't say no, decent replacement for Granty if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Jamie Ward
    On 31 August 2016, Ward was loaned to Championship rivals Burton Albion until the end of the 2016–17 season. He scored his first goal for the club in a 1–1 draw with Queens Park Rangers on 27 September 2016. On 20 January 2017 Ward's loan to Burton was terminated, and he returned to Nottingham Forest

Sounds familiar

It won't be Jamie Ward - or indeed anyone at Forest. AH said Nolan hadn't spoken to Karanka at all yet and the relationship needs to be rebuilt.

Petrasso would be interesting. Has talent and still only 22, tho he's barely played since his loan spell here 3-4 years back under Derry. He's a winger tho. So it won't be him either.

I will throw a Championship striker in there... Eoin Doyle at Preston, on loan at Oldham until this month and scored 10 in 11 games... hes very decent indeed and has been in league 2 with Chesterfield

It depends how strictly you interpret 'championship striker' but I hear that Wolves are keen to give Bright Enobakhare, their Nigerian striker, match experience. He's said to be one for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It depends how strictly you interpret 'championship striker' but I hear that Wolves are keen to give Bright Enobakhare, their Nigerian striker, match experience. He's said to be one for the future.
    Whoever it is he will be just a bench warmer. There is no way KN will drop either Shola or Stead..We should have signed Green in the summer, he was a real threat yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    35 league games and one goal suggests he's not one for the present. It would be complicated anyway, with the FA Cup game coming up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast