+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cyrille Regis MBE passes away

Cyrille Regis MBE passes away

Cyrille Regis, brother of Notts' goal hero Dave Regis, has passed away aged just 59.

The article is well worth a read, especially for those too young to remember his impact on the game.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285

Very good player RIP

Truly shock by this, what a player he was.... He was Alan Shearer before Alan Shearer if you get what I mean.....so so sad he was only 59,..

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Truly shock by this, what a player he was.... He was Alan Shearer before Alan Shearer if you get what I mean.....so so sad he was only 59,..
    Apt you should mention Shearer....

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  15.2 KB

Anyone, like me who was brought up watching football in the 70's/80's will have nothing but fond memories of Cyrille Regis. Always remember him as a proper footballer and a beast of a striker. Sad loss and no age.

I was privileged to watch him play some games for Albion in the late 70s and early 80s when he was at his best. A great centre forward and one of a great trío, who despite many obstacles, achieved so much for black players in the game.

A very good footballer, and came accross as a nice man. Thoughts are with his family

Also remembered from the 70's along with that yellow and green striped shirt with pale blue shorts that WBA always used to wear at the san sirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Also remembered from the 70's along with that yellow and green striped shirt with pale blue shorts that WBA always used to wear at the san sirrel.
    Funnily enough that was the first image I had come to mind when I heard the news. I actually used to really like that strip.