+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear Darren Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The Man Utd owners were always happy for Fergie Snr to say whatever he liked!
    That's because he was and is the most successful title and trophy winner these leagues have ever seen. Success gives you that armour you require when faced with any board.

Anyone think he really meant they should be shot!! jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    Anyone think he really meant they should be shot!! jeez.
    Thing is they thrive on negativity and they will blast him.

Fecking well done D/F it's about time somebody woke them up,now he's blown it out of the water all managers should stick together & back him.Sick to death of poor officials getting away with bad decisions week in week out & getting away with it.And Doncaster ban radio dee da from your ground the bloody arse wipes.

Ferguson should count himself lucky, the number of good refs we have had all season you could count on one hand.

Ive got no time either for the likes of Fergiescum Jnr, so whats he been saying this week eh ?.

Fair play to him. If I was him and I had said that then I know the punishment is 100% on it's way from the FA so I would have gone that little bit further and demanded an explanation from the official himself or from the assessor at the game.

Until managers start to refuse to comply with the FA on these fines or bans nothing will ever change.

I obviously haven't seen the officiating at Doncaster today but I'm sure there will be something a miss for Fergie to react like he has. Fergie will get his ban and the referee will carry on as normal, maybe he will miss a game or two but the FA will back him to the hilt publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Remember a Manager saying if had a gun he’d shoot em..it cost HIM is job.

Ronnie Moore after the Chezzy 5-0 drubbing live on sky!
    So are you saying they should give Ferguson the bullet ? 😃

Ferguson made some very interesting points re refereeing in L1 L2 and the authorities should but won't spend more time on these rather than punishment.

He pointed out that football is a money business and not insignificantly so even in L1 and L2 and he is correct.

He stated that to have semi professional referees ie they have another 9 to 5 job is ridiculous in this level of professional football and it is.

He pointed out that the players are super fit and referees are far too unfit to keep up which is true.

He linked not being full time to poor performance and this is probably true.

Much is being made of the shooting comment which is another example of moral high ground,do gooders,whatever the correct description is.

It's a commonly used term and obviously it's plainly stupid to make a literal interpretation.

My best guess is that he didn't actually want the officials shot but no doubt he will clarify this point at his hearing.

So what was his crime?

He was too angry and verbally aggressive towards the officials in public which is wrong and against the rules.

But what is the cause of this?...Is it all down to him?

No...it's the systems governed and introduced by the same authorities that will punish him.

Presumably due to financial agreements he has a compulsory obligation to give press interviews immediately after an emotionally charged game so surprise surprise this happens.

The system is broken and needs mending but as always an individual will be punished and nothing else will happen.
    Last edited by kempo; 14-01-2018 at 10:55 AM.

His crime was being honest, FA don’t like that so will come down heavy on him

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast