+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millers named best in country

Millers named best in country

Congrats to MILLERS FISH & CHIPS of Haxby near York, named UK Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2018.

http://www.fishandchipawards.com/new...le?blogitem=92

Yes it should be O/T

Brilliant lol Best meal on t planet fish n chips.

Never seem to be any winners from South Yorkshire sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Never seem to be any winners from South Yorkshire sadly.
    Not many fish & chip shops left, mainly curry houses now, I don't know how they build a curry house

That one near the training ground with the attached restaurant is good. Was last time I went anyway.

Beat chippie I've been in is in Seahouses Northumberland...chips sausage curry sauce and scraps..mmmmm

We have a chippy near us but the price is stupid and the restaurant is a truck stop with plastic chairs, they pun mint in the mushy peas wnd under cook the chips. They do buy the cod from England because the say they can't find the quality here although they probably couldn't translate cod. The fish is very nice but by the time you've driven home to get the rest of your meal it's on the cold side and soggy as they wrap it in a plastic tray thingy.

No the best chippy is when I make it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Beat chippie I've been in is in Seahouses Northumberland...chips sausage curry sauce and scraps..mmmmm
    Lewis's I bet, top on Tripadvisor and the one we went to when we were there, although went to Neptunes once and that was OK too.

EDIT: Odd, Pinnacles is above Lewis's in overall ranking but when you just list seafood restaurants Lewis's is on top.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...d_England.html
    Last edited by great_fire; 31-01-2018 at 11:09 AM.