+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion Chase Fully On

We've just got to watch out watch for Villa IMO and never rule out Brucie, also Villa have now got Terry back!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    We've just got to watch out watch for Villa IMO and never rule out Brucie, also Villa have now got Terry back!
    I backed Villa in August. Arguably the strongest squad and since we beat them have found some form. Wouldn't want them in the play offs. Second place is ours to lose. Ten point cushion ought to be enough for Wolves though wouldn't mind seeing them hit a rough patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Plus i still think mcclaren ntt holding onto ibe was also a turning point in hindsight
    Agree with this, also surprised he couldn't get a better goal return from Lingaard.

I'm shocked we are where we are, but it's good fun, and I think the weight of expectancy, surprisingly, is lower than it has been in recent years, which can only be a good thing.

Wolves aren't untouchable, they are in a similar position to what we've been in, it can easily go wrong and quick! I'd rather we were looking up than back, it keeps us fighting as an "underdog".

Steve bruce will be the one to gatecrash aswell. The bucked nose p**** has a tendancy to get teams out of this league, and hes getting excited isnt he, he looked a little giddy yesterday. Who can forget that 0 3 in the playoffs ffs, and him bouncing up and down like a beach whale as the 3rd went in. Im just looking forward to it, didnt expect to be in this position with 19 to go, but we are and its more exciting this time, rather than nervy and daunting from the previous seasons we were in this position. I think the fans are enjoying it more aswell imo.

Villa should be promoted look what they have spent There wage bill must be through the roof you don't get Prem players to come and play for you for peanuts and I don't just mean Terry They good but not that good that they won't have a slip or two Certainly not that great at the back They are not the only team who will challenge for auto's Cardiff are very strong physical and experienced a dangerous side with a clever manager. Bristol CTY best footballing side in the division capable of out skilling and working anybody in this division Sheff U having a rough patch at the moment but wouldn't want to draw them in playoffs Fulham really coming on the rails got some great players and intend adding in this window Were do we stand depends if we do anything in the window need a midfielder will let you know at 11o'Clock on Jan 31

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Villa should be promoted look what they have spent There wage bill must be through the roof you don't get Prem players to come and play for you for peanuts and I don't just mean Terry They good but not that good that they won't have a slip or two Certainly not that great at the back They are not the only team who will challenge for auto's Cardiff are very strong physical and experienced a dangerous side with a clever manager. Bristol CTY best footballing side in the division capable of out skilling and working anybody in this division Sheff U having a rough patch at the moment but wouldn't want to draw them in playoffs Fulham really coming on the rails got some great players and intend adding in this window Were do we stand depends if we do anything in the window need a midfielder will let you know at 11o'Clock on Jan 31
    Hopefully before then mista. Don’t fancy a repeat of last time. Judging from yesterday it didn’t seem like we’d missed out much on Kieftenbeld but it’s never easy to shine in an outclassed team. Any ideas who you want or who might be being lined up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)