+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion Chase Fully On

Promotion Chase Fully On

I think I can sum your promotion prospects as follows

Top 6 - 90%

Unfortunately Wolves seem to have a grip on 1 of the autos, so there leaves just 1 left.
    Every team chasing this spot will lose some games, so the question is how do you bounce back from a defeat. Thus far you've handled it well. All these away wins add up come April and May.

Cardiff have a slight advantage being in Wales, making their stadium a fortress, plus Warnock is a past master at holding on a lead. He's very happy to nick a point away with the occasional win to boot.

So it boils down to you playing well away and not losing at home. I would rate your chances based on your current record at 60% to secure 2nd place.

As for the play-offs, well that would a different matter. So it's 2nd place you want now. It's really yours to lose, based on your record and style of play. The best way you can help is to make Pride Park a wall of noise for home games, if there was ever a moment for the '12th man', the time is now.

As for Forest, I was pretty disappointed to cut short an outing to go back and watch them lose to Villa. Brucey is another manager who knows how to manage a lead. Surprised to see John Terry playing so well, I thought he was past it.

So 10th place would be a good target for us. And hope for better next season, or the season after that....

Villa just gave you a masterclass on how to buy free kicks, see a player coming, jump in front of him, fall over, free kick thank you very much ref

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Villa just gave you a masterclass on how to buy free kicks, see a player coming, jump in front of him, fall over, free kick thank you very much ref
    Yep, we've gotta learn from it. And how to handle teams who are happy to manage leads, something you'll need to do as well in your promotion chase, manage leads.

We managed one today

We have history of fading from late January onwards so we cant rely on us getting over the line.

One thing going for us is Rowett, he didnt get his head turned like mcclaren did in 2014/15, he quickly moved to show his commitment. Plus i still think mcclaren ntt holding onto ibe was also a turning point in hindsight

I hope we do it, weve put ourselves into another strong position, we have a much stronger defence this time round, better morale, better team spirit. Itd be nice to finally say "we are going up". But if we do, the novelty of the premiership will quickly wear off and we'll why all the fuss to get there in the first place lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We have history of fading from late January onwards so we cant rely on us getting over the line.

One thing going for us is Rowett, he didnt get his head turned like mcclaren did in 2014/15, he quickly moved to show his commitment. Plus i still think mcclaren ntt holding onto ibe was also a turning point in hindsight

I hope we do it, weve put ourselves into another strong position, we have a much stronger defence this time round, better morale, better team spirit. Itd be nice to finally say "we are going up". But if we do, the novelty of the premiership will quickly wear off and we'll why all the fuss to get there in the first place lol.
    Exactly my point. You can a tough time in the Prem, therefore it's important to enjoy the promotion season. Get all excited over it. Because a tough will follow, therefore enjoy the chase. It doesn't happen often.

One word - Leicester

They gave everyone hope the the impossible can happen.

You can't take the prize if you're not at the show.

In one season Leicester showed like Greece in Euro 2004 that the underdog sometimes wins.

We might get thrashed week in week out if we make it but we can say we were there.

I've read previous posts, people saying they don't want us to go up but I want my boy to see Harry Kane, Edin Hazard and the like at Derby on a weekly basis. If little else it builds the fan base and dreams of another generation.

Late night drink and a moment of thought for my team and where I want them to be.

Sitting where we are every win is bigger than the last.

I acyually have a belief that our annual slump that kicks in anywhere between now and the forst weekend of February might not happen this season as I believe the foundations on which our success so far this season have been built are made of sterner stuff than in recent seasons.

Under the Mac we conceded goals but scored more and it was great to watch. This season we have the 2nd best defence 2nd best attack. Previous slumps came because we stopped scoring. This season we would need to stop scoring AND start conceding. I don't see both happening.

Can't lose if you don't concede. Amazing number of clean sheets and our line up always looks like it has a goal or two in it. Reasonable recipe for points!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)