+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is not a drill !!!

This is not a drill !!!

Shortly after 8am local time Saturday - Hawaiians were left to panic when an emergency alert system sent messages to cellphones with this tweet to its citizens:

until apparently 38mins later, when they were given the all clear - it was just a false alarm.

Hawaiians were sent scrambling Saturday morning after an emergency alert notification warned of a ballistic missile threat. It turned out to be an error.
    A flurry of tweets, often with screenshots of the message, appeared to pop up on cellphones shortly after 8 a.m. local time. It read, "Ballistic Missile Threat Inbound To Hawaii. Seek Immediate Shelter. This Is Not A Drill."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ii/1031491001/

nothing to see kids....it's only a dud - go back to your cornflakes.

I thought you were on about our rather inept performance at Selhurst Park Norder!

See how easy it is to press the wrong button ? Dozy Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought you were on about our rather inept performance at Selhurst Park Norder!
    complete failure to erupt - no mistake about that - BT.

I like it, those glued to their mobiles all day ask for all they get. Leave it in the drawer like I do, if someone wants me they can ring my BT number. Peace and quiet, no scrambling for air raid shelters, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like it, those glued to their mobiles all day ask for all they get. Leave it in the drawer like I do, if someone wants me they can ring my BT number. Peace and quiet, no scrambling for air raid shelters, love it.
    I didn't know you were using my direct line to JC sinkov?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I didn't know you were using my direct line to JC sinkov?
    I had a direct line to JC's voting booth in the referendum BT, I can assure you that as you thought, JC is sound on the EU, he voted Leave. Just like us, he knows a scam when he sees one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I had a direct line to JC's voting booth in the referendum BT, I can assure you that as you thought, JC is sound on the EU, he voted Leave. Just like us, he knows a scam when he sees one.
    Maybe sinkov but the dark forces are manipulating the chances of another referendum. Sterling is bouncing upwards like a demented puppy so there must be a real chance of another referendum?

Bet there was a need for a change of underpants after it was revealed it was a false alarm

Sorry ignore this. Gremlins as the BBC used to say.
    Last edited by sinkov; 14-01-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)