+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: next 4 games

next 4 games

these next 4 games will determine our season i feel norwich villa wolves and leeds all big games but i do think we play better against top teams and they will all have a go against us and not park the bus which suits our style the more open the game is imo utb ftp

I was looking at the next 4 fixtures and thought just like you,they could be season defining,if we do well i think we will progress and cement a playoff spot,if we dont do well then the mid table trap door is waiting,Norwich who i would dearly love to beat are on a good run of form atm,we historicly dont do well at Norwich games there seem to always have side issue's.

if we can get say 5 or 6 points out of the 12 available in these games although not great would keep us in the hunt for a top 6 spot and ive a feeling at least 3 out of our 4 new signings will be in the team at carrow road in the 2 home games with villa and leeds i think chris will really go for it weve got to start winning at home again

12 points will do
    We've outplayed all them teams once this season already

No reason why we can't again

Our new signings are key to boosting our season. We look tired physically and mentally. Devoid of ideas,pace and incisive movement.
    Leonard in for Lundstrum. Holmes,assuming he's signed and available in for a tired looking Duffy.
    No criticisms of any of our players on effort,but they need a boost. That is what the new players are bought for. We can go on another good run with fresh legs and ideas.

How to play Sheffield United
    =====================
    If you are a poor team, just happy not to lose the game, stick 8 or 9 big blokes on the edge of your box and let them try to attack a brick wall. You might even get the chance of a goal on the counter attack.

Its the best way to beat a creative team. Chelsea did same to Barca (not our level, I accept, but thats what happened) in the CL final, if you can recall. The key early in the season for us was the early goal, but we've lost that creativity and urgency in our play, and early goals are harder to come by.

One win in 12 now...I agree that the next four games are everything if we are to cement a place in the play-offs.

The league is so competitive that we are just as likely to mess up against a lower league club as we are a club challenging at the top

The 4 games mentioned in the OP, we have actually done ok against, losing only 1

Perhaps the 4 signings will give us a bit of an edge certainly in the short term

Let's go on a run and cement our top 6 spot

Now that would p1ss off our neighbours

I would change the formation and play the following. Moore in goal, then Baldock Stearman O,Connell and Stevens or Lafferty in a back 4. Lundstrum,Fleck and Leonard in midfield, then Holmes and Duffy playing just behind Clarke. Swap Brooke’s for Duffy when fit. It looks solid but also looks dangerous will lots of attacking options.

agree bfl and have said it on another thread we just need that bit of unpredictability in our game now and as sbt says the 4 new players are pivotal if were to stay round the top 6 i too would go 4 at the back now leon up top and holmes and brooks when fit buzzing round him

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    This, no need to change formation against teams that will attack us but we do need Brooks back asap to provide that injection of pace. We just need to move the ball quicker and shoot more, mind you been saying that all season.
    I thought Lundy did ok on Friday but i wouldn't be suprised if Leonard starts at Norwich in place of him.I will be so disapointed if we let FLECKY leave,in my opinion he's way too important for us.I agree re;BROOKSY. UTCB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast