+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Alan Pardew.

Well done Alan Pardew.

I've not attended since the 0-0 draw with Palace.

Pardew has worked wonders to get team without a win in 20 league matches to play with such confidence.

Five months without a league win must be as hideous for the players and coaches as it is for us supporters so to instill that sort of style and belief into our squad is a real feather in his cap.

The guy is a real pro in my opinion.....he's been dealt a terrible hand yet he's showing the steel of a top poker player.

I like the vibe from this geezer and I like his football so I hope we stick with him whatever happens this season.

Still looking for my like button...well said Mickd.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I've not attended since the 0-0 draw with Palace.

Pardew has worked wonders to get team without a win in 20 league matches to play with such confidence.

Five months without a league win must be as hideous for the players and coaches as it is for us supporters so to instill that sort of style and belief into our squad is a real feather in his cap.

The guy is a real pro in my opinion.....he's been dealt a terrible hand yet he's showing the steel of a top poker player.

I like the vibe from this geezer and I like his football so I hope we stick with him whatever happens this season.
    Good post Mickd I echo those sentiments, just give him the tools he needs to finish the job & i believe we would be ok ,

100% behind Pardew, as stated give him the tools and he'll do the job, light years difference between Pardew and the prick with the chavvy trainers and cap.

Have to agree with all the above sentiments. Even before today's result you had the feeling that the fans were beginning to enjoy watching Albion again, even if the results weren't perhaps what we deserved. The atmosphere today was electric and I felt that the players were lifted by the fans as were the fans by the players. Mickd, you are spot on when you state that it must have been difficult for the players and their confidence, not having won since August, but yesterday they looked full of it. Credit must, therefore go to Pardew. Long may it continue.

Have to agree.
    Negativity brainwashed into them, fear running through their veins. All optimism drained from them like a poison.
    They were in a real rut for sure, Groundhog Day style.
    Well done Alan Pardew for finding an antidote.
    Also Praise for Dawson. None shall pass me alive, and I WILL score today.

Two set piece goals is Pulis style. The football is getting easier on the eye for sure but I totally respect what Pulis did with our defence. I waited years to see a defence at West brom. Evertons defence had huge holes in it yesterday, lets hope they are still there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Two set piece goals is Pulis style. The football is getting easier on the eye for sure but I totally respect what Pulis did with our defence. I waited years to see a defence at West brom. Evertons defence had huge holes in it yesterday, lets hope they are still there next week.
    Yes diagonal balls on the floor in between centre half and goalie around the penalty spot !!!!!!

Just need someone on the end of the balls in

I suspect I share similar views boingy buddy. I was not fan of the Pulis style...but was not in favour of sacking him mid-season.

Undoubtedly the football is “easier on the eye” and there is a greater enthusiasm at the matches with Pardew.

I (and “she who must be obeyed”) will be there irrespective of the manager/coach.
    Having said that, I have enjoyed the games moreso recently.

“We’ve done it before and we’ll do it again”..........

What are we supposed to do then boingy...not accept the free kicks...we have one of the best free kick men in the league and it doesn't matter who is in charge we will get chances for him to exploit every defence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)