Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: ... our little Jackie

  1. #1

    ... our little Jackie

    ... pleased to say he strolled through the game: Villa were playing at about 55% of capacity - it was men v boys.
    I have to tell you that it made my skin crawl both in buying the ticket and having to sit amongst the blood-shot eyed F-worders. They really are in another world - with replayed clips of past glories pre-match, from the 1959 Cup win to all the later glories - truly living in the past. I thought references to their past on this board were just good natured banter; it's not ... they really are stuck in the past. Be warned, do not enter the Temple Of Sin

  2. #2
    I've entered the temple of sin twice this season..the large screens should be sponsored by DeLorean.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    I've entered the temple of sin twice this season..the large screens should be sponsored by DeLorean.
    Proggie sponsored by 'All our Yesterdays'?

  4. #4
    Q: How many Forest fans does it take to change a light bulb ?

    A: None, They just all sit there remembering how bright it used to be.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    [QUOTE=TheBlackHorse;38762140]... pleased to say he strolled through the game: Villa were playing at about 55% of capacity - it was men v boys.
    I have to tell you that it made my skin crawl both in buying the ticket and having to sit amongst the blood-shot eyed F-worders. They really are in another world - with replayed clips of past glories pre-match, from the 1959 Cup win to all the later glories - truly living in the past. I thought references to their past on this board were just good ?

    so who forced you to go ? get a life.

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=maddogslater;38762273]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... pleased to say he strolled through the game: Villa were playing at about 55% of capacity - it was men v boys.
    I have to tell you that it made my skin crawl both in buying the ticket and having to sit amongst the blood-shot eyed F-worders. They really are in another world - with replayed clips of past glories pre-match, from the 1959 Cup win to all the later glories - truly living in the past. I thought references to their past on this board were just good ?

    so who forced you to go ? get a life.
    Blackhorse as the right to go and watch whoever he wants. Sounds to me like you have taken it personally. Not somewhere I would choose to go but who knows, maybe he was scouting Duffy's replacement.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    [QUOTE=navypie;38762321]
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post

    Blackhorse as the right to go and watch whoever he wants. Sounds to me like you have taken it personally. Not somewhere I would choose to go but who knows, maybe he was scouting Duffy's replacement.
    Of course he can, some folks on here though seem obsessed with hating forest and calling them scum, totally irrational.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post

    Of course he can, some folks on here though seem obsessed with hating forest and calling them scum, totally irrational.
    Irrational? To me it's the most natural thing in the world.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Irrational? To me it's the most natural thing in the world.
    I find it unnatural that Notts fans on here (not Elite, obviously) are apologists for them You do realise they have utter contempt for us, don't you? Still today, just read AH's Twitter feed and see for yourselves.

    I remember a time (before segregation) when you couldn't even go to see Notts at the City Ground without having your scarf nicked by them, as if we had no right to be Notts fans. Remember the oh so funny jokes when they find out you're a Notts fan ... Oh, you're the one, are you? ... What time does the match start? What time can you get there?

    I used to go to Forest with a Red mate to collect autographs in the early to mid 70s, and they attacked the away fans every week, whether they were young or old, even odd ones on their own. And they're no different today, just scared of getting caught now the police have better tactics

    That fighting over the last pie video on YouTube, that's just what they are like.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I find it unnatural that Notts fans on here (not Elite, obviously) are apologists for them You do realise they have utter contempt for us, don't you? Still today, just read AH's Twitter feed and see for yourselves.

    I remember a time (before segregation) when you couldn't even go to see Notts at the City Ground without having your scarf nicked by them, as if we had no right to be Notts fans. Remember the oh so funny jokes when they find out you're a Notts fan ... Oh, you're the one, are you? ... What time does the match start? What time can you get there?

    I used to go to Forest with a Red mate to collect autographs in the early to mid 70s, and they attacked the away fans every week, whether they were young or old, even odd ones on their own. And they're no different today, just scared of getting caught now the police have better tactics

    That fighting over the last pie video on YouTube, that's just what they are like.
    Amen.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I find it unnatural that Notts fans on here (not Elite, obviously) are apologists for them You do realise they have utter contempt for us, don't you? Still today, just read AH's Twitter feed and see for yourselves.

    I remember a time (before segregation) when you couldn't even go to see Notts at the City Ground without having your scarf nicked by them, as if we had no right to be Notts fans. Remember the oh so funny jokes when they find out you're a Notts fan ... Oh, you're the one, are you? ... What time does the match start? What time can you get there?

    I used to go to Forest with a Red mate to collect autographs in the early to mid 70s, and they attacked the away fans every week, whether they were young or old, even odd ones on their own. And they're no different today, just scared of getting caught now the police have better tactics

    That fighting over the last pie video on YouTube, that's just what they are like.
    Lucky you pointed out that Elite wasn't a apologist. You wouldn't want to upset him now would you.
    And the incident with the pie, nothing unusual about that at the City Ground, some would say its the norm.
    Last edited by navypie; 14-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Irrational? To me it's the most natural thing in the world.

    On this we agree 100%.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I find it unnatural that Notts fans on here (not Elite, obviously) are apologists for them You do realise they have utter contempt for us, don't you? Still today, just read AH's Twitter feed and see for yourselves.

    I remember a time (before segregation) when you couldn't even go to see Notts at the City Ground without having your scarf nicked by them, as if we had no right to be Notts fans. Remember the oh so funny jokes when they find out you're a Notts fan ... Oh, you're the one, are you? ... What time does the match start? What time can you get there?

    I used to go to Forest with a Red mate to collect autographs in the early to mid 70s, and they attacked the away fans every week, whether they were young or old, even odd ones on their own. And they're no different today, just scared of getting caught now the police have better tactics

    That fighting over the last pie video on YouTube, that's just what they are like.

    They should change the name of the rented red tip to the Jeremy Kyle stadium.

  14. #14
    Never mind piegate at the City Ground. Anyone remember them lads pushing a wheelbarrow around a garden (ish ) , making a video of how they saw Notts fans ? Well i am surprised there as been no wheelbarrow part 2. Now for Forest fans them lads had talent.

  15. #15
    Jack Grealish
    ‏Verified account @JackGrealish1
    Jan 13

    Great away win again for the boys! Buzzing for @ScottHogan_9 with another goal! Fans were unreal as always! #AVFC

    Still making us pies happy

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Irrational? To me it's the most natural thing in the world.
    Well it would to you as you used to spend 24/7 on the forest forum playing with tricky.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Well it would to you as you used to spend 24/7 on the forest forum playing with tricky.
    Possibly, but my comments were always against them, rather than kissing their arse like you do.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Possibly, but my comments were always against them, rather than kissing their arse like you do.

    top class reply.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Possibly, but my comments were always against them, rather than kissing their arse like you do.
    who's kissing ass ? just because I don't want to refer to others as scum.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    who's kissing ass ? just because I don't want to refer to others as scum.
    Agree entirely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •