+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts vs Crewe - Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Crewe have sold the lot! Presumably their social media person mean's 'There'll' or there will' though.

Attachment 8364
    Looks like 'they'll' all be going to Norwich?

He's stating that the attendance (should all the ticket holders turn up, of course) will be the highest since we built the all-seater stadium. I must admit I thought it was the two Man City games though. Was the THFC game a league one? If so maybe that's it?
    THFC 16,952
    Man City 16,587

Ground capacity was restricted though v Man City, maybe it was a 'sell-out'?

What is the capacity now?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Looks like 'they'll' all be going to Norwich?
    I bet Norwich are calling in extra stewards as we type... Time for a new Social Media guru at the Alex methinks

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

If OS is up to date on this and safety cert agrees... Stadium Capacity: 19,841 although I don't know if this allows for blocks of seats cordoned off for segregation being deducted or not.

If OS is up to date on this and safety cert agrees... Stadium Capacity: 19,841 although I don't know if this allows for blocks of seats cordoned off for segregation being deducted or not.
    Guess it depends on whether the away team take all the JS.

Talking about attendances - amazing how every year the FA Cup Final attendance at the old Wembley seemed to be exactly 100,000!

Guess it depends on whether the away team take all the JS.

Talking about attendances - amazing how every year the FA Cup Final attendance at the old Wembley seemed to be exactly 100,000!

I know! Uncanny eh?

THFC 16,952
    Man City 16,587

Ground capacity was restricted though v Man City, maybe it was a 'sell-out'?

Yes, Man City was a sell out, I was offered £50 for ticket at the time. The capacity was restricted on H & S grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    It was the 3rd Round of the League Cup. Notts won 3-0 and Ossie Ardiles was then sacked, I seem to remember. See #76.
    Got it thanks. Not a good era for me so I missed a lot of what was going on.

Wed 26 Oct 1994 TOTTENHAM H. (R3) W 3-0 16 952 Agana 17, McSwegan 20, McSwegan 72

Finished comfortably bottom that season

He's stating that the attendance (should all the ticket holders turn up, of course) will be the highest since we built the all-seater stadium. I must admit I thought it was the two Man City games though. Was the THFC game a league one? If so maybe that's it?

How exactly is attendance measured these days?

Tickets sold or peeps who turn up?

In England the rules of the premier league say that attendance figures that are publicly reported should be the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Not the number of people who actually attend. (I understand the football league rules say the same, although I couldn’t find the precise clause.)

The actual attendance figure can be quite different to the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Season ticket holders may not turn up for a midweek game. Complimentary, i.e. free, tickets could be issued but not used. People might even walk out in the middle of a match as a protest.

Wikipedia has that 19,841 made up of:
    DP - 6,715
    FS - 2,281
    Kop - 5,440
    JS home - 2,040
    JS away - 3,365

So all home stands plus 1,450 Crewe fans = 17,926 minus about 200 left in JS the odd seats left in other 3.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast