+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts vs Crewe - Attendance Predictions

Be surprised if there's over 17,000 in the ground though, I know a few people who were just buying 5-10 tickets in the hope of getting people to come along with them

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Be surprised if there's over 17,000 in the ground though, I know a few people who were just buying 5-10 tickets in the hope of getting people to come along with them
    I've heard the same, Bushy, lots of peeps buying tickets in blocks and asking friends and family along. No surprise really at 10 tictacs for £20.

Name:  CaptureTICS.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  17.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Got it thanks. Not a good era for me so I missed a lot of what was going on.

Wed 26 Oct 1994 TOTTENHAM H. (R3) W 3-0 16 952 Agana 17, McSwegan 20, McSwegan 72

Finished comfortably bottom that season
    The Spurs win and lifting the Anglo-Italian Cup were the only highlights of an otherwise disastrous season. Even the latter was a bit of an anti-climax with less than 12,000 rattling round Wembley on what I recall being a chilly, rather bleak afternoon.

The season had started with much promise after narrowly missing out on the play-offs the previous season under Mick Walker, whose 18 months in charge produced the most attractive football I've seen in over 30 years following Notts. Pavis panicked too early in my opinion following a poor run of (very) early season results, by sacking Walker in mid-September the day after 10 man Notts came back to take a late point at Barnsley. Martin Kuhl (anyone else remember him?!) sent off for a head butt in a short loan spell that was immediately curtailed.

He was replaced by Russell Slade who, promoted from youth team coach as Walker had been, was a young, inexperienced, naive, utter disaster, culminating in a long run of defeats after the last of which, Pavis actually walked across the Meadow Lane pitch at the end of the game to mount a face-to-face robust defence of his man in front of a seething County Road. I can't remember what I said now, but was one of those who got to have his two penn'orth before, with a sorrowful shake of his head, Pavis retreated back to the Main Stand.

Before the next game Howard Kendall was appointed, though Slade was kept on, and what followed was an (allegedly) booze fuelled 3 months in charge, and although Kendall's reign started promisingly we soon reverted to type and it was left to Steve Nicol (yes, that Steve Nicol) to attempt a miracle in the closing weeks - he never stood a chance.

Grim.

Either we've sold out, the system has crashed or they are no longer doing online sales. OS not showing any available tickets now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    or they are no longer doing online sales
    This bit. Single seats by phone/in person only

This bit. Single seats by phone/in person only
    Ah OK, makes sense

Over 17500 tickets sold

Block Y3 is for segregation in sirrel stand. so that's around 800 seats. Also looks like front 3 rows on Kop still have netting on.so you would think capacity will be around 18000

going to be bloody chaos

Yes, I'd imagine a good 500 or so won't turn up because they can't be bothered or decide it's too cold etc. I know a few people with spare tickets which no one wants.

17k still surpasses most people's predictions though which is good. Now let's hope it's not a drab 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie
    Highest Gate Receipts £277,781.25 vs Manchester City, FA Cup 4th Round, 30 January 2011
    [from Wikipedia so could of course be made up
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Well yes, it'll have been £450,000

But to put tomorrow into perspective you'd have to assume what?, 5000 @ £18 average (season tickets) and 10,000 at £2 so £110,000 or thereabouts. Would need £18/ticket average to match Man City receipts.

[/I]
    How many season ticket holders do we actually have?

Three potentially massive games coming in each of March, April and May against Stags, Coventry and Luton respectively, each capable of bringing several thousand away fans with them.

Possibly an outside chance of threatening those gate receipts at one or more of those games...?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast