+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Notts vs Crewe - Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Appearing thick and fast now

Hi all

Due to unforeseen circumstances there is now 4 tickets in the kop all together available for face value

I have two tickets for the kop if anyone wants them?

Anyone looking for 4 seats together in the Sirrel Stand. I know someone who can't now attend, first come first served
    Official attendance might not beat the Tottenham one, which would be a shame. They may just announce it based on tickets sold though.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Official attendance might not beat the Tottenham one, which would be a shame. They may just announce it based on tickets sold though.
    According to FL rules, tickets sold,(or given away for that matter) is the official way to measure attendances. NOT people through the gate.

In England the rules of the premier league say that attendance figures that are publicly reported should be the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Not the number of people who actually attend. (I understand the football league rules say the same, although I couldn’t find the precise clause.)

The actual attendance figure can be quite different to the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Season ticket holders may not turn up for a midweek game. Complimentary, i.e. free, tickets could be issued but not used. People might even walk out in the middle of a match as a protest.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    According to FL rules, tickets sold,(or given away for that matter) is the official way to measure attendances. NOT people through the gate.

In England the rules of the premier league say that attendance figures that are publicly reported should be the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Not the number of people who actually attend. (I understand the football league rules say the same, although I couldn’t find the precise clause.)

The actual attendance figure can be quite different to the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Season ticket holders may not turn up for a midweek game. Complimentary, i.e. free, tickets could be issued but not used. People might even walk out in the middle of a match as a protest.
    18k it is then! (With 15k in the ground)

I think we can safely say that the 'attendance' is 19,841

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

You're generally right, the ticket (plus pay on the gate) numbers are what it is based on although I think that some unused complimentary tickets not used are discounted, this is the announced figure although you also record the number through the gates. I produced some of the figures for Forest a few years ago but I can't remember the exact method.

The figures are mainly for the use of the Football League and they are probably worried that they will get short changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think we can safely say that the 'attendance' is 19,841
    That would be your capacity. Usually, some areas are shut off for safety reasons so the actual capacity is less that the published one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    That would be your capacity. Usually, some areas are shut off for safety reasons so the actual capacity is less that the published one.
    Correct-ish. The capacity is 20,229 seats. Safety cert is 19,841. Segregation will remove some more.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Correct-ish. The capacity is 20,229 seats. Safety cert is 19,841. Segregation will remove some more.
    17,274 according to BBC.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415