+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings vs Crewe

Player ratings vs Crewe

What a game! I Feared the worst when we went 0-1 down, but we came back strong and could have had 5 or 6 in the end.

Collin 7 - some good saves, claimed the ball well from corners, but some pretty dodgy kicking
    Hunt 7 - shows the odd bit of quality on the ball and fairly solid at the back
    Jones 7.5 - got forward well, linked up well with Grant, solid at the back
    Brisley 7 - solid as usual
    Duffy 7 - see above
    Allesandra 8.5 - provided a real threat in the second half. Never stopped running. Deserved a goal, but will have to settle for an assist.
    Hewitt 9 - two goals and a typical high-energy performance.
    Husin 9 - great goal, always showed for the ball, and played with real confidence. Outstanding performance. MotM.
    Grant 8 - some showboating in the second half and great link-up play, but he probably should have scored in the first.
    Ameobi 7 - a handful as usual, but really should have scored
    Stead 7 - another battling performance

Bennett 8 - got a goal and hit the bar - not a bad start! Offered a different option up front.
    Noble 6.5 - should have scored!
    Smith - did he touch the ball?

Nolan 9 - back to our best with the 4-4-2, and the new signings have added quality and depth to the squad.

Hardy 10 - hats off to him for making this happen. What a job to see the Lane packed! So glad we put on a performance to match the occasion.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    What a game! I Feared the worst when we went 0-1 down, but we came back strong and could have had 5 or 6 in the end.

Collin 7 - some good saves, claimed the ball well from corners, but some pretty dodgy kicking
    Duffy 7 - see above
    Allesandra 8.5 - provided a real threat in the second half. Never stopped running. Deserved a goal, but will have to settle for an assist.
    Husin 9 - great goal, always showed for the ball, and played with real confidence. Outstanding performance. MotM.
    Grant 8 - some showboating in the second half and great link-up play, but he probably should have scored in the first.

Bennett 8 - got a goal and hit the bar - not a bad start! Offered a different option up front.

Nolan 9 - back to our best with the 4-4-2, and the new signings have added quality and depth to the squad.

Hardy 10 - hats off to him for making this happen. What a job to see the Lane packed! So glad we put on a performance to match the occasion.

COYP
    I think looking at certain aspects of his game, I think Collin is nowhere near 100% fit

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I think looking at certain aspects of his game, I think Collin is nowhere near 100% fit
    Looked like that to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Collin (even prior to his injury) is actually fractionally slower to react than Fitzsimons in my opinion, but it doesn't actually matter, because he is still quick enough, and his other major attributes (height and physical presence) are strong. Leaving aside Fitzsimons' bizarre moment the other week, which I'm sure he will learn from, we've got two very good goalkeepers for this level. (I haven't seen Pindroch play, so I don't know how good he is).

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Duffy 7 - see above

COYP
    Collin 7- great save before just before the goal, one other top save from a point blank header
    Hunt 6- Steady at the back, offers little going forward
    Duffy 5- terrible mistake for the goal which threatened to derail the day, played better second half
    Brisley 6-did enough without being stretched
    Jones 7-offered a good outlet to go forward

Alessandra 7- worked hard to win possession back and ran with the ball well. Got into good postions but hesitated
    Husin 9- overall play was outstanding, goal was the Cherry
    Hewitt 9- broke up play well and 2 goals, perfect midfield performance
    Grant 6- lacking confidence infront of goal, missed a few chances but linked play well

Stead 7- worked hard and a hand in 2 goals
    Ameobi 6- did well holding the ball up but didn't offer much of a goal threat

Bennet 7-looks lively

Noble 6- not enough time

Collin 7 couple of great saves, good vision , pulled everthing out the air but needs to command defence better and kicking still suspect.
    Hunt 7 worked his socks off, some great tackling to break up play and good passing , lacks pace though.
    Duffy 5 average performance and silly mistake for goal.
    Brisley 6 steady solid did what it says on the tin.
    Jones 8 good tackling, offered width and a constant outlet, full of energy just needed a bit more incisive crosses into box.
    Alexandra 8 tons of running, a complete menace in second half , great energy , one or two more crosses would of made it 9
    Husin 9 complete class act, great in possession, silky. Passing, good vision and unstoppable finish, loads of heart wanted to win every tackle MoM
    Hewitt 9 broke up play in midfield , 2 goals , doesn't always get the glory of plaudits but without him our midfield is less effective
    Grant 6 never stopped trying but seems to have lost his eye for goal and a few stray passes
    Stead 7 won so much up front, was instrumental in two goals, tracked back, never understand his critics
    Ameobi 6 won plenty in air but missed a couple of goal chances, looked a little jaded in second half

Bennet 8 wow breath of fresh air, full of running, scared the hell out of their defence, some good touches, a goal and hit the post.very excited about his talent

Noble 6 well noble was , well noble , ok nothing spectacular

Nolan 9 back to best formation and seems to be able to unearth gems in transfer market

Hardy 11 vision and passion no other chairman would have done what he did today so total respect