+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicely placed.

I see where you’re coming from Champs ie them hoping we drop further.
    In truth ANY proper supporter from outside (well away from rivalry) can recognise the harm that’s been done to grass roots footie with the appearance of ‘foreign ownership’ . We are just one of many that have suffered.
    Yep we get that, and have incurred the debt that we have because of it.
    We don’t need it ‘pointing out us’ every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I see where you’re coming from Champs ie them hoping we drop further.
    In truth ANY proper supporter from outside (well away from rivalry) can recognise the harm that’s been done to grass roots footie with the appearance of ‘foreign ownership’ . We are just one of many that have suffered.
    Yep we get that, and have incurred the debt that we have because of it.
    We don’t need it ‘pointing out us’ every minute.
    It's snide. He knows exactly what he's doing when he posted that crap. But don't be a ***** about it. Come out and say .....I really hope you lot drop like we did. Don't start pulling threads up from 4 months ago, where one day you where being less of a prick. He's here because he bloody hates us. And would love for our club to fail. He's probably banking on it. What confuses these peole, is we don't actually mind seeing them do well. But we are two very different clubs. We dont celebrate mediocracy. When we where up there, we went to win it. To challenge. I mean seriously challenge. We could've easily sat on Walkers money and finished 7th every year with rich people in the boardroom, but nothing to get excited about on the pitch. Nah ......we wanted to win it. And win a cup aswell. On my death bed, I'll remember winning the league at Anfield. I'll remember winning the cup beating Spurs. I'll remember seeing Alsn Shearer in his prime. I won't remember finishing 7th and just making up the numbers. And I'd be embarrassed to celebrate such a thing. As football is about winning. But why would I feel the need to go on CM and tell then that. And if I did, I'd expect them to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    It's snide. He knows exactly what he's doing when he posted that crap. But don't be a ***** about it. Come out and say .....I really hope you lot drop like we did. Don't start pulling threads up from 4 months ago, where one day you where being less of a prick. He's here because he bloody hates us. And would love for our club to fail. He's probably banking on it. What confuses these peole, is we don't actually mind seeing them do well. But we are two very different clubs. We dont celebrate mediocracy. When we where up there, we went to win it. To challenge. I mean seriously challenge. We could've easily sat on Walkers money and finished 7th every year with rich people in the boardroom, but nothing to get excited about on the pitch. Nah ......we wanted to win it. And win a cup aswell. On my death bed, I'll remember winning the league at Anfield. I'll remember winning the cup beating Spurs. I'll remember seeing Alsn Shearer in his prime. I won't remember finishing 7th and just making up the numbers. And I'd be embarrassed to celebrate such a thing. As football is about winning. But why would I feel the need to go on CM and tell then that. And if I did, I'd expect them to disagree.
    Do you really expect Burnley to be challenging for the Premier League title when teams spend more on one player than Burnley have in their history? Rovers scraped a title with Walkers millions and then dropped into oblivion when the money ran out. Yes, I am loving Rovers being in the third division, long may it last. As for celebrating being in the top half of the Premier League and beating the likes of Chelsea etc true true. My days of supporting Burnley before I came to the colonies was mainly spent trudging around places like Hartlepool, Walsall Rochdale etc, now it is your turn. I'd rather be embarrassed at being where we are than where you are with the Venkys running the show.

Burnley fans are entitled to brag and boast as I know for a fact quite a lot of us were vocal in our glory days but we slipped into oblivion when walkers money dried Up?
    Hardly it was clueless naivety by venkys listening to a group of conmen which brought us to pre walker if you like
    If venkys hadn't of arrived I know for a fact we would still be a premiership club
    That's neither here or there we are where we are
    Enjoy a few years of bragging rights we certainly did but football works in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Burnley fans are entitled to brag and boast as I know for a fact quite a lot of us were vocal in our glory days but we slipped into oblivion when walkers money dried Up?
    Hardly it was clueless naivety by venkys listening to a group of conmen which brought us to pre walker if you like
    If venkys hadn't of arrived I know for a fact we would still be a premiership club
    That's neither here or there we are where we are
    Enjoy a few years of bragging rights we certainly did but football works in circles.
    True. The biggest problem you have is obviously getting rid of the present owners, so long as they are in charge you will yo yo between the Championship and League one. Burnley are the flip side. Locally owned and probably the best managed club in the country, for your mate to say we should be embarrassed by aspiring to 7th in the Premier league is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    Do you really expect Burnley to be challenging for the Premier League title when teams spend more on one player than Burnley have in their history? Rovers scraped a title with Walkers millions and then dropped into oblivion when the money ran out. Yes, I am loving Rovers being in the third division, long may it last. As for celebrating being in the top half of the Premier League and beating the likes of Chelsea etc true true. My days of supporting Burnley before I came to the colonies was mainly spent trudging around places like Hartlepool, Walsall Rochdale etc, now it is your turn. I'd rather be embarrassed at being where we are than where you are with the Venkys running the show.

This is why your not worth talking to though, and will be my last post in response to you, as you have nothing new or interesting to say. You simply 'hope' we stay down. The FACT remains we are showing all the signs of NOT being in that league for more than one season. You WON'T be back on here when we do get back up, as your whole argument then falls apart. I wish Burnley well, they have done well to become a mid table Prem club for a few seasons. But then I am not obsessed with you, like you are with my club. Things wont get any better than finishing mid table. Use all the excuses you want, chose to ignore the facts all you like. We went up, we where a real force, we challenged, we won it, we won a cup, we had the best players. It was a fantastic side. We dared to believe, we challenged the big clubs, we pushed noses out of joint. Whats also clear, we made people like you go green with envy. Then things went tits up. You enjoyed it. If things had been the other way round, then no doubt the idiots on our side who are obsessed with Burnley would've flooded your board laughing at you. We have idiots like you on both sides, so don't feel too embarrassed. When we come up, we grow in strength again. While you hope our fans had to endure what you did, 25 years in the wilderness, 25 years of playing division 3 and 4 football, we will play one season. Then get promoted and come back stronger. Now go out, enjoy your day as you live in a wonderful country. Did you move out there to spend your days trawling on a site for your teams rival fans to chat about football? Which is EMBARRASING, or another reason? If so, please go and do that instead. You still aren't contributing anything on here, all your doing is repeating the same crap, which is an envious view point from a so called fan filled with hate. The normal ones of us don't hate you, as its a game of football. Grow up you dick .......or .....fk off and bore someone else. As your adding nothing here.

True. The biggest problem you have is obviously getting rid of the present owners, so long as they are in charge you will yo yo between the Championship and League one. Burnley are the flip side. Locally owned and probably the best managed club in the country, for your mate to say we should be embarrassed by aspiring to 7th in the Premier league is ridiculous.

It was in response to your comment about Rovers being close to playing Tranmere in the National league? Which still makes no sense at all? Its a real achievement to get up and be a Prem club. You see football different to me? Its about winning. They don't hand medals out for money in the bank. The do for winning things, we had money, we spent it. To win things. You have gotten money (more than Walker ever had) from TV. And chose not to spend it. You are punching way above your weight. And form that aspect, I think your are doing well. But all these Stokes, Burnleys, WBA .....all painfully boring to watch. The football is dire (when we had Allardyce, all your fans would say is it's 'hoofball, we couldn't watch that etc' .....that's exactly what your watching now. While your board get richer. Its not sustainable, it will all end quickly. And the phrase 'where did all our money go ....why didn't we re-invest?' will be something we will hear a lot of. This wont be 25 years, this wont be what you hoped for. Just enjoy the treading water in a painfully boring league. And winning nothing. If that's what you aspire to be, great. Good luck. Despite all the mistakes and horrid mess we have been in, we still get 14/15k home games, we sell out every away match, and are really well supported. Another thing you are wrong about. I know, I go every week. I'm not sat thousands of miles away.

would it be ok to get back to talking about now please? Not the past and future. Loads going on, new players, formations, the money we are spending, the young impressive quality squad this excellent manager is building. Loads to discuss ..........

What do you know about this Bell we signed form Fleetwood NZclaret? Where do think he will fit in our side? Would you start with Armstrong on sat? Would you rest Graham and bring him on after 60 mins? Do you think Chapman will back soon? Where would you play Lenihan nows hes approaching full fitness?

Nz clarets prediction is we will yo yo between CH and L1? His last prediction was we'd drop straight into L2..

Expect promotion to the premier league soon, as this guy talks out his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Nz clarets prediction is we will yo yo between CH and L1? His last prediction was we'd drop straight into L2..

Expect promotion to the premier league soon, as this guy talks out his arse.
    I liked how he said about spending years (it was actually decades) trudging around places like Hartlepool & Rochdale ......and now it's our turn. We are fkn 2nd, it's been a throughly enjoyable season, we've sold out most grounds we have visited, and will be back stronger after one season. One season compared to decades. And nearly going out of the league. That's certainly talking out of ones arse .......

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)