+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Keiffer Moore, what can we expect ?

I was a very good striker in 1984- 85.

I hope he goes on to become a legend with the tykes but for me he needs to be coached a hell of a lot more before he can go on and achieve that. I think he has it in his locker and in a couple of years when he hits the prime time of a footballer and has learned what he needs to learn i can see him being a very good player for whoever he is playing for.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Watched highlights last night his quick feet got him into a good goal shooting position. He prob should have scored it we all know in league one Moore would get 5/6 chances per game. In the Barnsley team he will get 1/2 per game so it's important he hits the net when he gets a sniff. I guess that's the difference between a good striker and a very good striker.

Not sure how he's going to fit in here at the moment .

Hecky had one of his brain drains yesterday and decided to play with 3 at the back for the first time and we were all over the shop early doors and it cost us the game .

We are a very tight defensive unit when we go 4-5-1 , 4 clean sheets out of the last 6 games prior to yesterday .

If we don't go 4-5-1 we get over run , if Moore starts he's going to have to play the lone striker role .

It's inconceivable that Hecky will try this stunt again because the two striker formation always ends up with us losing fairly easily .

We are deep in the brown stuff , big time at the moment .

Big ask for a lad with no pedigree at this level and I'm sceptical he's up to it because time isn't on our side .

Financially I can't blame the lad he's followed the money , footballing wise it may not be such a good move .

It's also worth pointing out that our fans haven't the greatest amount of patience if we know a player is on good money and not performing .

Far more questions than answers for me and we shall see of course .

Irony alert !!

Not having Moore may impact on your play off challenge .

Having Moore might relegate us .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Hecky had one of his brain drains yesterday and decided to play with 3 at the back for the first time and we were all over the shop early doors and it cost us the game .

We are a very tight defensive unit when we go 4-5-1 , 4 clean sheets out of the last 6 games prior to yesterday .

If we don't go 4-5-1 we get over run , if Moore starts he's going to have to play the lone striker role .

It's inconceivable that Hecky will try this stunt again because the two striker formation always ends up with us losing fairly easily .

Big ask for a lad with no pedigree at this level and I'm sceptical he's up to it because time isn't on our side .

Financially I can't blame the lad he's followed the money , footballing wise it may not be such a good move .

It's also worth pointing out that our fans haven't the greatest amount of patience if we know a player is on good money and not performing .

Irony alert !!

You need a chant and get behind Moore he thrives off it

Certainly had a purple patch with the Miller's but after stupidly getting sent off at Bristol he went off the boil.We did Ipswich a big favour by boosting his selling price,but they didn't rate him at their level and cashed in.Only time will tell if he is good enough at Championship ,puts the effort in so hope it works for him,but will always be ok I'm lg1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Irony alert !!

451 will suit moore to a tee providing he has willing runners from midfield. Hi strength is holdup play though as many of your fans know it's more the supply this season that Barnsley are lacking..
    do you have a good number 10?
    Have you got a attacking minded midfielder who runs all game?
    Do you have two half decent wingers? If you Inc hammill in the two then eeeek

451 will suit moore to a tee providing he has willing runners from midfield. Hi strength is holdup play though as many of your fans know it's more the supply this season that Barnsley are lacking..
    do you have a good number 10?
    Have you got a attacking minded midfielder who runs all game?
    Do you have two half decent wingers? If you Inc hammill in the two then eeeek

Isgrove is very good on the right but he's struggled with injuries all season and can't get a good run of games under his belt , he missed out yesterday through another knock .

Hammill is steady but not anywhere near as influential as he was in league one .

Harvey Barnes was recalled by Leicester , it's a struggle because there is little in the way of creativity .

Our last three league goals were all scored by defenders and prior to Bradshaw scoring at Fulham just before xmas we hadn't scored at all for weeks .

We could have Harry Kane up there and nothing is going to change until the service improves .

Very big 10 days coming up for the club which will determine our fate .

Hammill struggled at udders in the championship. And the same for us. Let's hope you can get a few good loans in between now n end of window as I'm not overly confidence in higgys ability to spot a good player.. selling all your good players in a 12 month period could have caught up with ya..
    Very unforgiving championship for struggling teams.

Hammill struggled at udders in the championship. And the same for us. Let's hope you can get a few good loans in between now n end of window as I'm not overly confidence in higgys ability to spot a good player.. selling all your good players in a 12 month period could have caught up with ya..
    Very unforgiving championship for struggling teams.
    Not all down to Hecky cayton .

We have a recruitment team and Hecky is only one voice within the process .

There's players here he clearly doesn't rate but yet he's expected to get results with them .

It's a bizarre way of doing things but not uncommon these days apparently .

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I was a very good striker in 1984- 85.

Was that the year of the great defeat?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast