+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keiffer Moore, what can we expect ?

He did brilliantly for us but I didn't think he was Championship standard.
    However, if you play to his strengths, which is not as a solitary target man, I think he may prove a few of us wrong.
    His control is surprisingly good for a big man as is his movement off the ball.
    I wish him every success and hope he does well for you.

I think he has all the attributes to be a good forward at Championship level - good coaching and play to his strengths and he could do very well for you guys - look at Bradshaw now

That is a really good question.

I like the fact that your manager can coach players as well as manage them and that could make a massive difference for him to go on and do well for you lot.

He has good feet in and around the box, he can hold the ball up well but needs that little bit more coaching for him to progress into a Championship player.

However, I don't know how well he trains or accepts coaching but if he knuckles down and works hard, who knows how well he could do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    "good finisher,especially with the ball at his feet" LOL.
    Yes. As opposed to in the air, which you might expect from a big lad. He is decent in the air but his game is much more than that.

Watched him on Sat V Wolves where he played 30 mins as the lone striker - wasn't supplied with anything worth calling a decent ball but laid off a great chance for Moncur who shot well wide.IMO he needs to be alongside Bradshaw for it to work however what ive seen of Barnsley they don't have enough creativity in the middle to support two strikers but lets see - the Wolves CB's were a much higher quality than experienced in Lge1

Tahh for the replies lads, and obviously I/we Tykes are still in the dark about the kid until we see him get a proper chance in the first team.
    I hope we dont just use him as a lone striker and go with the Blunts style hoof!. He and Bradshaw sounds like an interesting partnership but as usual with strikers, its all down to the service they get or dont get isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tahh for the replies lads, and obviously I/we Tykes are still in the dark about the kid until we see him get a proper chance in the first team.
    I hope we dont just use him as a lone striker and go with the Blunts style hoof!. He and Bradshaw sounds like an interesting partnership but as usual with strikers, its all down to the service they get or dont get isnt it.
    If you do use him as a lone striker you have just wasted your money because that is not his game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    If you do use him as a lone striker you have just wasted your money because that is not his game.
    Well the reports are 'ok, but should do better' today after Moore's starting debut. Yes it was always going to be tough away at Aston Villa and regardless of if he misses chances, Im always glad to see Hecky go with 2 rather than just 1 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well the reports are 'ok, but should do better' today after Moore's starting debut. Yes it was always going to be tough away at Aston Villa and regardless of if he misses chances, Im always glad to see Hecky go with 2 rather than just 1 up front.
    I noticed that he got subbed today - did he get injured or was it a tactical change?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I noticed that he got subbed today - did he get injured or was it a tactical change?
    Im not sure Mike to be honest, but he did get what sounded like a ridiculous harsh booking where the Villa players 'played' the ref and he bought it by dishing the yellow card to Moore. Doesnt that sound familiar eh, away at a former Premship club ?.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast