+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood show intent

Don

Comments are more about what business they've done in this transfer window.
    Very good business so far and ahead of us in terms of that alone.
    It must be difficult due to lack of history, small ground, low fan base but they've done well in the transfer market
    Take your other points though
    Last edited by flourbasher; 14-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.

who have they signed ...and were from .. how much have these players cost .

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    who have they signed ...and were from .. how much have these players cost .
    paddy madden from scunny, 6 figure sum
    gethin jones from everton undisclosed fee
    Diagouraga free

Not sure they will make anything on Madden or Tiggy - good players at this level though. They do have younger players too that they could make decent profits on though. A model for us to consider i.e. more younger lads to sign and bring on to sell?

Saw I agree with that but take Ajayi.

A lot wanted him dropped because of his mistakes.
    How are we supposed to develop them if they aren’t given long enough in the team?

Agree Yak - we need to accept that it won't be a smooth ride, and rough diamonds take time to polish and refine. I think he'll improve over time - ditto Purrington for that matter.

Devante Cole
    Paddy madden
    Wez Burns
    David ball
    Jerry Yates
    JCH
    Michael Smith

If you had to pick 3 strikers I bet 90% would pick ball and the two of the Fleetwood lads.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Devante Cole
    Paddy madden
    Wez Burns
    David ball
    Jerry Yates
    JCH
    Michael Smith

If you had to pick 3 strikers I bet 90% would pick ball and the two of the Fleetwood lads.

Think I'd be one the 90% - BUT - I am desperate for JCH to come good - we've seen flashes of a very good player.

we have had diagouraga.. did anyone rate him ??? how old is he .. 30 something ... if warne had signed him .. people would have wanted warne and ts flogged .. paddy madden ... whats the highest level he has ever played at ??? never heard of jones and coming from everton .. had he been any good fleetwood wouldnt be buying him . there would be bigger and better teams after him ... we have some good players at our club .. no worse then any other players in league one and alot better than most ....

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    In Uwe Roslers recent interveiw on TV after the cup game, he openly admitted that he wasnt there to get promotion, but first priority was to bring players thro and to sell on. What would our supporters think to that statement, and where the ambition in that???
    I'd think it wasn't ambitious enough for us. If all they are doing is turning players over and still competing I'd be full of what ifs simular to the Barnsley feeling. I wouldn't be too happy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast