+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Akinfenwa in on 18 month deal

Get Akinfenwa in on 18 month deal

Looking at who we have just got in,we could certainly do worse than Akinfenwa.

I thought he must be past it by now but keep seeing him on goal rush and he is still very useful and scoring for fun.

He will be about our level of financial commitment I would guess and he can just stand there and frighten the life out of defenders.

If we can get the ball up to him then he will score or injure a defender.

Get him in Warney and this lad will fire us into the playoffs.

Remember...We are a third division side who play hoof ball so why not Akinfenwa?
    Last edited by kempo; 14-01-2018 at 11:56 AM.

He’s past his sell by date now Kempo. Plus you said big black lad, he’s a big fat black lad....although I wouldn’t repeating in his company

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    He’s past his sell by date now Kempo. Plus you said big black lad, he’s a big fat black lad....although I wouldn’t repeating in his company
    Apparently his BMI is very low for a man of his size. The term they use for mim is ripped! I've never been of that godly stature.

I don't think that the computer would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Apparently his BMI is very low for a man of his size. The term they use for mim is ripped! I've never been of that godly stature.

I don't think that the computer would say yes.
    He must wear a padded shirt then Frog.

Look what I found when having a clear out....

[8043][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post

Remember...We are a third division side who play hoof ball so why not Akinfenwa?
    It's a fair point

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Looking at who we have just got in,we could certainly do worse than Akinfenwa.

I thought he must be past it by now but keep seeing him on goal rush and he is still very useful and scoring for fun.

He will be about our level of financial commitment I would guess and he can just stand there and frighten the life out of defenders.

If we can get the ball up to him then he will score or injure a defender.

Get him in Warney and this lad will fire us into the playoffs.

We couldn't afford his snap bill, even though we have contact with Pukka Pies.

Its not often you make me smile kemps but i couldnt help but smile when reading your OP.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    He must wear a padded shirt then Frog.

Look what I found when having a clear out....

[8043][/ATTACH]
    It is still a trip fondly spoken about. Unfortunately the group has splintered but I keep in touch with many of them. In fact there are four of us who have a beer together often and the next meet is Thursday evening.

I mentioned Akinfenya on another thread earlier in the week. At least he’s consistent and also makes chances for others.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    I mentioned Akinfenya on another thread earlier in the week. At least he’s consistent and also makes chances for others.
    Yes, he has the consistency of blubber

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast