+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young Indian 'keeper on trial

Young Indian 'keeper on trial

The things you discover on the internet...

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/foo...751-2018-01-14

Have heard a lot of good things about the young keeper,believe other clubs also looking at him. Certainly loads of potential players from that part of the world and long term might do the club some good that we are offering him a trial period a route other players might want to accept.

Anyone know how he will qualify for a work permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Anyone know how he will qualify for a work permit?
    I think because he's classed as being an overseas trainee there's an exemption of sorts?

His first interview...

Sign the young dude up whether he's any good or not. Have you any idea the money we will make from shirt sales in India. By the amount of interest there is is from his home land I will Knock up a few shirts and punt them online. Saying that, With India being the place to go for counterfiet gear every other Indian will be knocking about with a well shirt on his back.....

His agent claims we've offered the 'keeper a three year deal.

http://www.india.com/sports/dheeraj-...ll-fc-3019373/

Even that article mentions the work permit...I still find this bizarre but you'd hope someone at the club knows what they're doing. Or perhaps borderforce will be coming for him at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Even that article mentions the work permit...I still find this bizarre but you'd hope someone at the club knows what they're doing. Or perhaps borderforce will be coming for him at halftime.
    I'd like to think our legal / HR people know what the state of play is re permits, etc. If they don't ... why'd we be employing them? Perhaps we're giving them some disrespect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)