+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a dilemma.

I have a dilemma.

I have just over 2 weeks to decide....

... but I'm pretty much done with Ashley and I will not be there next season if he is still the owner.

I'm almost at a coin toss moment.

Heads cancel my direct debit now and say goodbye.
    Tails hold on and hope this buyout happens.

I've spoken to my kids and for the 1st time ever, they're ready to walk.

none of this has anything to do with yesterday, it's just transfer window after transfer window has taken its toll and im sick of sitting in that big advertising board for cheap tat.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I have just over 2 weeks to decide....

... but I'm pretty much done with Ashley and I will not be there next season if he is still the owner.

I'm almost at a coin toss moment.

Heads cancel my direct debit now and say goodbye.
    Tails hold on and hope this buyout happens.

I've spoken to my kids and for the 1st time ever, they're ready to walk.

none of this has anything to do with yesterday, it's just transfer window after transfer window has taken its toll and im sick of sitting in that big advertising board for cheap tat.
    When do you need to renew/reserve for next season OR is this to do with cancelling this season ?

This is where I am Mick, If we have a bad January window, Rafa could just say stuff it ive had enough and walk, and who could blame him.The sale could then fall through, as a condition, is that Rafa is the manager.Theres a a strong poss we could then be relegated and still stuck with the fat controller. This is the absolute worst case scenario for me like. If this happens then that's DEFINITELY me done until Ashley is no longer. The ONLY way we will be rid of this t..t is if we cut off his money trail from the club,we need to STOP going lads or nothings gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    This is where I am Mick, If we have a bad January window, Rafa could just say stuff it ive had enough and walk, and who could blame him.The sale could then fall through, as a condition, is that Rafa is the manager.Theres a a strong poss we could then be relegated and still stuck with the fat controller. This is the absolute worst case scenario for me like. If this happens then that's DEFINITELY me done until Ashley is no longer. The ONLY way we will be rid of this t..t is if we cut off his money trail from the club,we need to STOP going lads or nothings gonna change.
    Its the age old dilemma - do we have blind faith indefinitely ?

I honestly don't know, Mick. Everyone's got to make a personal decision.

Yesterday was massively depressing because it's not like the team weren't trying...they're just not good enough. We've all seen enough relegation teams in our time to recognise one when it's staring us in the face, as this one is. If we don't get another couple of players then that team will go down, mainly because it actually already is a Championship team. Even if we do get a couple in, it may be too late-aye, I know we're not in the bottom 3 but we are definitely heading that way. Could you imagine us pulling off a win against Arsenal like one of our relegation rivals has just done? We can't even beat the bottom team at home.

So i'm mentally preparing myself for relegation and, in that mindset, I've decided that I'm not going to let that fat, greedy cunt stop me from going to see my team play. I'm going to go despite Ashley still being there (if he is) rather than not go because he's still there.

Does that make any sense?

I know the argument that if we keep going we're almost part of the problem but, realistically,there would never be enough folk stop going to force him out-if that would even work as a method.

So, as I say, it's got to be down to each match-going supporter to decide. I totally understand those who decide not to go if he stays but I understand (obviously) the argument for continuing to go...and that's the side I've come down on.

Easy for me to say as I'm an expat, but I like to think I'd keep the faith even if the Toon does go down. For me Newcastle United isn't just a football team it's an institution in the north east, I'd hate it to drop out of sight just because of some arseho!e like our current owner chooses to wring every penny out of the club. Surely his time is nearly up !

Yeah, but if the money dries up or reduces, the attraction for Ashley to stay reduces. I know it would be difficult to stop going but I don't see any other way. Ashleys making money out of the club, and that's fair enough, BUT I hate the fat b.....d and its the only way I know to hurt him, even if its a small amount of hurt. I think that should we go down again, a lot of fans will feel the same way, enough is enough, short term pain for long term gain. Lets hope it doesn't come to that eh!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Yeah, but if the money dries up or reduces, the attraction for Ashley to stay reduces. I know it would be difficult to stop going but I don't see any other way. Ashleys making money out of the club, and that's fair enough, BUT I hate the fat b.....d and its the only way I know to hurt him, even if its a small amount of hurt. I think that should we go down again, a lot of fans will feel the same way, enough is enough, short term pain for long term gain. Lets hope it doesn't come to that eh!
    I would rather start from scratch with a new owner in league 2 than have this moron any longer!!!!

the ground is a huge billboard for sports direct, and the best advertisement it has, is that it is full, those cheap banners would not be as beneficial to Jabba if the ground was sparsely populated like sh1tkickerland.

I have been part if NUFC since 1982, but I don't wish to be part of sports direct any more.

I repeat what I said at the time, my dilemma is such, if I cancel and the takeover is successful, then I will regret that hit as much as I would regret sitting in the billboard stadium, in the chimpo next season.

One thing's for sure...I don't think we'll ever see the fat one back in the stadium. Would cause a riot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)