+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I have a dilemma.

Will the last person to leave the stadium please turn out the lights and lock all the doors, thankyou !

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    “pbormag” First off welcome back to the board after your enforced holiday!

I do think though that your analysis of why “tino” is not renewing is off kilter. Also rather rude in my view, He is not a clown but has demonstrated that he is a loyal fan. And he has stated enough is enough for him.

The fact is we are all different and have differing perspectives on how we see and evaluate things. I believe there was one point that M.W. was concerned when season ticket holders stopped renewing. That is a guaranteed income, rather than a speculative income of hoping someone will buy an empty seat. Especially for a sinking team………

If M.A. was to ignore these small but significant demonstrations he would eventually suffer financially, not something he appears to like to do!

Protesting is a tried and tested form of demonstrating against many things and overall they can work and have an impact on the outcome of an event.

I understand what you say about sticking with the team rather than allowing a poor owner to effect you but we all have our tolerance levels. Once reached, breaking point occurs.

And no matter who on this Board says, we are safe, there’s a bid, there’s a counter bid we know absolutely nothing, as time and time again has demonstrated many prophecies on this Board have been like sand in the wind.

I look forward to your views as they do put a different slant on things, albeit not always on the button but certainly give rise to debate, when they are not abusing people. Try and look kindly on your detractors and moderate your language when describing other’s views and you never know what may come of this.
    the only guaranteed income he is worried about is the tv money
    the gate money is small change
    if we boycotted and only had gates of 30 k it would have very little effect on him
    in fact none at all

it would effect rafa as he supposably gets all the money the club generates

and i will say again anyone who thinks giving up their season ticket or meberships will sway or affect ash in any way is a clown and a dreamer

if 10k people stopped their season tickets it wouldnt equate to 150k 200 k a game (concessions juniors etc )

just abou 1 or 2 players wages

small feed

wouldnt bothe him a jot

and as i say there will be many that would jump at the chance to take their seats

footy is the new opera

if he has had enough fine give the ticket up

but no one will give a flying pheck and it will have no effect what so ever

like a failed suicide bomber
    Last edited by pboromag; 16-01-2018 at 08:03 PM.

small crowds would have a massive effect on him. the best bit about his free advertising board is the full seats when his garb is on TV.

If the ground had more empty seats than full, nobody watching would notice his advertising, like they don't at the SOL.

either way, I'm not being a backdrop for his adverts next season. he has spoilt my match day experience for too long now.

I'm done!

I've sent my email to the club. in the next couple of weeks I will be cancelling my direct debit.

I feel like I've just filed for divorce. I'm absolutely gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I've sent my email to the club. in the next couple of weeks I will be cancelling my direct debit.

I feel like I've just filed for divorce. I'm absolutely gutted.
    Regrettably this time I feel that many more will follow you.This is a step far too far !!!!

As others have said, i don't think you'll be the only one Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    As others have said, i don't think you'll be the only one Mick.
    Well I have only attended one match since Ashley took over and that was because I won two tickets in a contest. We were humped a home record 0-6 by Liverpool.

I had vowed I wouldn't attend while Ashley was owner and I wish I'd misswd that one too.

Incidentaly those who blandly state that the matchday income is irrelevant should consider that it is in excess of £25 million. A sum not to be sneezed at if it was available to buy a decent striker.

the club have confirmed, once February's payment has been made, I am free to cancel my direct debit and continue to attend for the rest of this season then terminate my agreement with them.

job done!

I'd love a lot more than I'm getting.
    Rafa Benitez is trying my patience, not Ashley.

I have a dilemma also... Why on earth are people still buying into this ?. If you aint quit by now its highly likely you never will .10 years of dross , garbage managers , bottom half finishes , relegation and a negative spend on transfers of £30m in 10 years.
    What is it actually going to take to get people to quit?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)