+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    the ground is a huge billboard for sports direct, and the best advertisement it has, is that it is full, those cheap banners would not be as beneficial to Jabba if the ground was sparsely populated like sh1tkickerland.

I have been part if NUFC since 1982, but I don't wish to be part of sports direct any more.

I repeat what I said at the time, my dilemma is such, if I cancel and the takeover is successful, then I will regret that hit as much as I would regret sitting in the billboard stadium, in the chimpo next season.
    Get a ticket for one more season and then if the takeover doesnīt go through then donīt get one again until Ashley has gone? Thatīs what Iīd do.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Yeah, but if the money dries up or reduces, the attraction for Ashley to stay reduces. I know it would be difficult to stop going but I don't see any other way. Ashleys making money out of the club, and that's fair enough, BUT I hate the fat b.....d and its the only way I know to hurt him, even if its a small amount of hurt. I think that should we go down again, a lot of fans will feel the same way, enough is enough, short term pain for long term gain. Lets hope it doesn't come to that eh!
    It would be a great gesture for the fans to just totally boycott one match, particularly a one on television.

Sights of empty seats on the box would be a field day for the media and I'm sure for the principle of it many 1,000's would join in.

last time loads of people cancelled their season tickets - during the protests etc. they all got letters in the summer asking if they would like to reconsider and keep the seat they had blah blah blah.

that isn't to say he would do that this time though.

it is difficult and one we have struggled with many a time....... but our hearts always overrule our heads - so far anyway

I agree toonlegend, our hearts have overruled our heads in the past, god knows mine has, many times. BUT this time I really mean it, if this all goes tits up, then Ashley can go f..k himself. Short term pain for long term gain lads, no other way I'm afraid, unfortunately.

if your a fan of newcastle united then you should renew
    if you are oneof the opera club prawn sarnie brigade then give them up

people need to be taught the history of the club

some remember the mckeag days

some remember crowds of 18000

the real fans do anyway

and what good does giving up your tickets achieve

the truth is if you do and shelvey or another group come in there will be a rush for tickets
    nd you will become one of the many that say i used to have a ticket but i gave it up whilst that fat southern ******* was in charge

and the rest wont really give a phuck

and ash would have won

no one will stop me watching the toon
    Last edited by pboromag; 16-01-2018 at 04:13 AM.

This bollox of a true fan blah blah blah ...football has changed dramatically since the "good old" days , thereally was a connection with players and fans , now I see this stadium which I absolutely adore turned into a big sports direct sign ..it ****ing males me sick man .

This follow blindly is absolute **** ..the atmosphere has been sucked clean oit of the stadium .

When your kids arnt really interested in going, that's the killer .But football has just gone absolutely crazy wi money , players have NO connection wit us , I nearly choked yday .Sahko off the hammers wants out , because he only earns Ģ30k A WEEK , when most of the other strikers earn Ģ80 -Ģ110K.

I could have bought a brand new car wit the money ive spent this year SO far going to SJP ..

I will be seriously thinking about renewing

but we need more true fans at the ground
    not the johnny come latelys and the prawn sandwich brigade
    then the atmosphere will come back and the kids will want to go

look at some of our earners mistetrick for one 40 odd k a week and he cant get a game

and i disagree about the player connection

lascelles shelvey and many others love the club

they get what the club and the game say they are worth

would you decline a wage if you thought it was far to much from the norm

i dont

Pboro.I am a fan of Newcastle and have been a season ticket holder for over 40 yrs, was there when we won the fairs cup, when macdonald made his debut against Liverpool.And yes I DO remember the McKeag yrs and all of the pain there was then,WEVE BEEN HERE BEFORE MAN!!! crowds dropped, and we eventually had the revolution, which is needed NOW. Giving up my ticket is my way of protesting at the way MY football club is being run,what else can I do ffs And if Shelvey buys the club, yes there will be a wave of optimism and possibly a rush for tickets, thats a risk I will, and am, prepared to take for the reasons previously mentioned. Oh and Ashley wouldn't be stopping me watch the toon, it would be MY decision for the good of MY club.

Mate
    if you think ash worries one iota that you have given up your season ticket your a clown
    think for one minute

he gets more from that seat from a johnny come lately than he does a season ticket
    there will always be someone to take your seat

stag weekends the icelandic lot etc etc etc

you rpotest is like pissing in the wind

the only person that notices is you

no ne gives a pheck if you renew or not

the only concern i have is fans are biting of their noses for no reason and the atmosphere with these johnny come latleys and plastics is the atmosphere in the ground
    and the effect that has on the team

i would give up my tickets not for a poor owner but for a team that didnt try

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Mate
    if you think ash worries one iota that you have given up your season ticket your a clown
    think for one minute

he gets more from that seat from a johnny come lately than he does a season ticket
    there will always be someone to take your seat

stag weekends the icelandic lot etc etc etc

you rpotest is like pissing in the wind

the only person that notices is you

no ne gives a pheck if you renew or not

the only concern i have is fans are biting of their noses for no reason and the atmosphere with these johnny come latleys and plastics is the atmosphere in the ground
    and the effect that has on the team

i would give up my tickets not for a poor owner but for a team that didnt try
    “pbormag” First off welcome back to the board after your enforced holiday!

I do think though that your analysis of why “tino” is not renewing is off kilter. Also rather rude in my view, He is not a clown but has demonstrated that he is a loyal fan. And he has stated enough is enough for him.

The fact is we are all different and have differing perspectives on how we see and evaluate things. I believe there was one point that M.W. was concerned when season ticket holders stopped renewing. That is a guaranteed income, rather than a speculative income of hoping someone will buy an empty seat. Especially for a sinking team………

If M.A. was to ignore these small but significant demonstrations he would eventually suffer financially, not something he appears to like to do!

Protesting is a tried and tested form of demonstrating against many things and overall they can work and have an impact on the outcome of an event.

I understand what you say about sticking with the team rather than allowing a poor owner to effect you but we all have our tolerance levels. Once reached, breaking point occurs.

And no matter who on this Board says, we are safe, there’s a bid, there’s a counter bid we know absolutely nothing, as time and time again has demonstrated many prophecies on this Board have been like sand in the wind.

I look forward to your views as they do put a different slant on things, albeit not always on the button but certainly give rise to debate, when they are not abusing people. Try and look kindly on your detractors and moderate your language when describing other’s views and you never know what may come of this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)