+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This years hall of fame,..

This years hall of fame,..

Whose your pick, it’s Sinky for me all day long, maybe some of the older ones like shaded and Noah will go for Bobby Robinson, thoughts

yip trigger mate
    altho a wee bit dissapointed that nae players fae the early years have been put forward(unless iv missed them)
    guys like jock gilmour who made 369 appearances for the Club in 13 seasons including the 1925 Scottish Cup Final and his consistent performances earned him calls up to both the full National and Scottish League sides and he sits 11th on Dundee’s all-time appearance record. also captained the side

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    yip trigger mate
    altho a wee bit dissapointed that nae players fae the early years have been put forward(unless iv missed them)
    guys like jock gilmour who made 369 appearances for the Club in 13 seasons including the 1925 Scottish Cup Final and his consistent performances earned him calls up to both the full National and Scottish League sides and he sits 11th on Dundee’s all-time appearance record. also captained the side
    Cammy Fraser....em a sucker for a hard tackling midfielder.

Read Toshs Derby record of 7 wins and 6 draws in the tully....thought that was incredible given how good the doon mob thought they were back then

For these things to actually matter then there has to be parameters on whch to judge these things

Things that should be taken into account should include

Number of appearances
    Honours won
    Caps won
    Part of a unique team

To that end on the suggested inductees iBobby Robinson imo most closely meets my own criteria and he will get my vote

It’s an age thing 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    For these things to actually matter then there has to be parameters on whch to judge these things

Things that should be taken into account should include

Number of appearances
    Honours won
    Caps won
    Part of a unique team

To that end on the suggested inductees iBobby Robinson imo most closely meets my own criteria and he will get my vote
    I think it should be left entirely up to the fans.

I wouldn't even have a shortlist, never mind criteria.

If your gonna have a popularity contest you may as well have a pure popularity contest.

The Bombers time is coming.☺

But your criteria isn't unreasonable.

All worthy nominees,only one legend tho.😉
    Punch eez puss

Jim McLean would be a very apt contender, having both a successful playing career with the Dees as well as a coaching spell, skills which he very successfully transferred elsewhere, leading him to eventually becoming inducted into the Scottish Football Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Jim McLean would be a very apt contender, having both a successful playing career with the Dees as well as a coaching spell, skills which he very successfully transferred elsewhere, leading him to eventually becoming inducted into the Scottish Football Hall of Fame.
    Think the numerous cases of bullying, making himself pretty wealthy on the back of a Scottish club, assaulting a member of the press on national tv ( how he got away with that, god only knows), the pre Bosman lifetime contracts for peanuts and the fact he was a moaning **** would count against him.

On the plus side almost took the dabs to the wall and sold to the Thompson's who are finishing the job.

Still em all for a free vote.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)