+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football and politics.

Football and politics.

Enjoyed a really good football match yesterday. Wolves looked like a top of the division side with some very good players. Very impressed by how Barnsley approached the game. We were well organised and competitive and did not get pressured into just being defensive. For parts of the game we went toe to toe with them and could have won the game in the last few minutes. However a draw was a fair result. During half time I reflected on some of the comments made on here in the last few months about our coach. It surprises me some would like to see him sacked while others would not be concerned if he left. I think any coach who can prepare and motivate a team like Hecky did yesterday is well worth his place at Oakwell regardless of whether he is one of us or not. I can only assume those who want him to go are the same people who support such inadequates as May, Jhonson, Davis and Fox to take us out of Europe.

when you let go of Corbyns nob maybe you can look up how Barnsley voted in the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Enjoyed a really good football match yesterday. Wolves looked like a top of the division side with some very good players. Very impressed by how Barnsley approached the game. We were well organised and competitive and did not get pressured into just being defensive. For parts of the game we went toe to toe with them and could have won the game in the last few minutes. However a draw was a fair result. During half time I reflected on some of the comments made on here in the last few months about our coach. It surprises me some would like to see him sacked while others would not be concerned if he left. I think any coach who can prepare and motivate a team like Hecky did yesterday is well worth his place at Oakwell regardless of whether he is one of us or not. I can only assume those who want him to go are the same people who support such inadequates as May, Jhonson, Davis and Fox to take us out of Europe.
    Why spoil a good Football post with generalising political comments at the end that make absolutely no sense

He's one of our own

Kinders an Owl ? Maybe not one of our own

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    So by using the referendum result as a reference you are saying that over 70% of reds want Hecky sacked .

Perhaps if Hecky's job was the subject of a national referendum then 52% would want him gone .

Are these the figures you are standing behind or are you just simply an idiot ?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    when you let go of corbyns nob maybe you can look up how barnsley voted in the referendum.

How strange