+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/F'ing/T Carillion

O/F'ing/T Carillion

Should the government (taxpayer) bail out a private company?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 14-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Carillion? Is he the midfielder we've got a bid in for?

It should certainly do something. If Carillion go then it will take loads of smaller companies and sub contractors with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Should the government (taxpayer) bail out a private company?

No - why should corporate incompetence come before patients dying in corridors?

Much bigger picture than that.

Just so long as the banks and the shareholders don't expect to be bailed out again. They are happy to reap the rewards when things are going their way but scream like stuck pigs if they take a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Much bigger picture than that.
    exactly my point - stop rewarding failure - pain needed for people to get the message. Life or livelihood?

I don’t like it but I think yes the government might need to intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    exactly my point - stop rewarding failure - pain needed for people to get the message. Life or livelihood?
    Just reading about this - looks like one possibility maybe to get other providers to take on their contracts - it concerns me that we allow some organisations to declare that they are 'too big to fail'. Should we look at ways of avoiding getting to this stage? Otherwise, it fosters an environment of toxic rather than considered risk taking. Too many high risk contracts - they have got themselves into this mess on reading about it. No doubt the senior Execs will walk away with huge payoffs again...

As a businessman, if mine go to the wall, no-one will step in to rescue - hence being run sensibly over many years. At least I and my employees can sleep in relative peace at night

That’s fine unless your company works for a company who works for Carillion. Carillion go bust owing thousands to the company your company work for. That company goes bust due to non payment from Carillion leaving your company not getting paid either.

It’s not just Carillion and their 40,000 employees at risk.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast