+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conclusive O'kane footage

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    As I said - "God like" in that you always get everything spot on ... unlike other mortals on this site.

.....Just not so good at predicting scores.
    The thread title is "Conclusive O'Kane footage", and bears out what I have been told by work colleagues who went to the match, and saw the incident from the position I mentioned in post #17. Perhaps your view is that Leeds players can do no wrong, and that we should all just shut up when stupid and/or disgusting incidents such as we witnessed from O'Kane and Saiz are shown on social media, national TV, as clearly thats all "fake news"?

As for predicting scores, have a glance back at last season and see where we both ended up. Just can't be ar5ed this time round, simples really.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Okane should man-up and make an apology to all concerned, including the Ipswich player.
    I know it's what happens nowadays, but bollox to him apologising to their player when they go down like a sniper took them out. Completely wrong what O'Kane did but absolutely pathetic to roll on the floor like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The thread title is "Conclusive O'Kane footage", and bears out what I have been told by work colleagues who went to the match, and saw the incident from the position I mentioned in post #17. Perhaps your view is that Leeds players can do no wrong, and that we should all just shut up when stupid and/or disgusting incidents such as we witnessed from O'Kane and Saiz are shown on social media, national TV, as clearly thats all "fake news"?

As for predicting scores, have a glance back at last season and see where we both ended up. Just can't be ar5ed this time round, simples really.
    That's the problem though: it's what your mates have seen, not what TC necessarily saw. I think it's fair to presume the information he was going on, including his view, did not represent what actually happened and he's sticking up for his player based on what he thought was the truth. Don't think there's any logic that would dictate doing it otherwise and making yourself look a c0ckend in the process when it's so obvious (when factual footage arises) that O'Kane DID put his swede in. Nobody would do that by choice.

I tell ya now, if TC decided to start a match with sacko grot and lasogga all starting, I bet some of you would start the TC out brigade before those 3 even have a second to kick a ball, F*CKIN SUPPORT THE WHOLE CLUB!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I tell ya now, if TC decided to start a match with sacko grot and lasogga all starting, I bet some of you would start the TC out brigade before those 3 even have a second to kick a ball, F*CKIN SUPPORT THE WHOLE CLUB!!!!
    Ok Clive, so we "support the whole club" and end up "supporting" player who go feet first into the crowd, spit at competitors, head butt competitors, use racist language etc etc?

Been a Leeds supporter for some time, and in no fan of the PC brigade, but some things shouldn't happen, and if they do it's reasonable to expect professionals paid very nicely thank you very much, to step and take responsibility and acknowledge the wrongdoing (at least Saiz went some way towards that, Okane (as far as I know) has done no such thing.

Okane was very very silly and think more managers should call players out and stop the mollycoddling. Okane should have said sorry if only to those who spent hard earned cash travelling away.

simples - he was stupid - what he did is a straight red card everyday of the week. Yes their player went down like the proverbial but as a professional player Okane should know better. He is also mid to late 20s so needs to show more maturity.

contrast with NFL - Vikings game where late touch down in part due to missed tackle. Kid (21) who missed the tackle in a play off game straightaway apologised on tv for his mistake with no excuses. If players can’t be fully honest then they won’t improve as much as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Okane was very very silly and think more managers should call players out and stop the mollycoddling. Okane should have said sorry if only to those who spent hard earned cash travelling away.

simples - he was stupid - what he did is a straight red card everyday of the week. Yes their player went down like the proverbial but as a professional player Okane should know better. He is also mid to late 20s so needs to show more maturity.

contrast with NFL - Vikings game where late touch down in part due to missed tackle. Kid (21) who missed the tackle in a play off game straightaway apologised on tv for his mistake with no excuses. If players can’t be fully honest then they won’t improve as much as they should.
    "Like"

I happily discuss the short comings of player and tactics alike - at home, in the pub, when out with friends, on holiday - just don't feel the need to get on here at every opportunity to slate my club about everything that it's possible to moan or whinge about. I do share some opinions but generally at a level that isn't simply critical for the sake of it....unlike you who has consistently moaned about Owners, managers, players, policy, funding, tactics, and anything else that can be deemed not good enoughby you - for about five fecking boring years now.

As for predicting scores - you can't be ar sed anymore - yeah course you can't when you're not very good at it eh?

wan't interested last season of course!

That okay for you pumpkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspaven View Post
    That's the problem though: it's what your mates have seen, not what TC necessarily saw. I think it's fair to presume the information he was going on, including his view, did not represent what actually happened and he's sticking up for his player based on what he thought was the truth. Don't think there's any logic that would dictate doing it otherwise and making yourself look a c0ckend in the process when it's so obvious (when factual footage arises) that O'Kane DID put his swede in. Nobody would do that by choice.
    Work colleagues Spav - he doesn't have "Mates" FFS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)