+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great comment from Moore

Great comment from Moore

"I didn't have much more to do. We've come a long may from playing in League One, to being disappointed that we've not won a second steel city derby."

If I thought we'd be where we are in the top 6, averaging 27000, and won the Sheffield Derby 4-2 on aggregate, at the beginning of the season I'd have thought I was dreaming.

That's all well and good but thankfully Wilder dosen't dwell on nostalgia and moves forward.
    As will we with our new signings.
    We will absolutely smash it to the end of the season.

hope your right sbt as youve said in other threads these 4 new signings could kickstart our season got a feeling we might be suprised and 1 more loan player come in

the fact that pigs were celebrating a draw and we were dissapointed not to have won would have been an unbelievable fact 6 months ago and shows how far we have come a la liga side happy to get a point against their pub team rivals

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    That's all well and good but thankfully Wilder dosen't dwell on nostalgia and moves forward.
    As will we with our new signings.
    We will absolutely smash it to the end of the season.
    I hope your correct abart us smashin it till the end of the season Sean mate,but your prediction abart the grunters beatin us if they parted company wi Carlosser dint come true did it? UTCB

they were never there to win the game rod just set up from start to finish to get a draw and maybe sneak it at the end which they could have done and i think chris for the first time this season was a little cautious after the brizzle game not to get beat he didnt go for it to be honest both teams could have played till 12 o clock and it would still have been goaless reminded me a bit of the easter derby in 71 at the sty

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I hope your correct abart us smashin it till the end of the season Sean mate,but your prediction abart the grunters beatin us if they parted company wi Carlosser dint come true did it? UTCB
    It came a lot nearer to being the outcome than anyone elses.

Different type's of players coming in seems to suggest that changes, when necessary, will be made,no guarantees of a regular Shirt should have everyone on their toes.....No bad thing ever.

I know we'd have all 'taken where we are' at the beginning of the season, but its a dangerous mind-set. The job isn't done , we've achieved nothing yet. Onwards and upwards, always.

If Holmes signs,he's the one that will give us that "swagger" in midfield.