+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Stones

John Stones

Love the lad and comes from a good Family, What on Earth has happened to him ? He's been very poor the last 18 months WHY ?
    He looks totally out of place at Man City , nervous , rabbit in headlights ? Doesn't look the same player anymore , covered in tattoos now Cummon John tha frumtarn or ez tha fogot ? Get thissen back t normal sooin , dunt be a Billy big balls , tha better than that or so many onnuz thort

I think he's made some poor mistakes, no denying that. Does he get tested enough at city? Looks off the pace and sloppy recently but I've never had him darn as good as they mek art he is. He needs an edge and more urgency to his game for me to move up to a top class centre aif status. Tha can't strut ararnd looking sloppy when the laiking against the best players or tha'll soon be farnd art. World cup'll highlight this

Tha reyt Pass , he dunt seem t doo much ardly breks sweat , Top lad needs to up his game tho , Everton Fans may be reyt abart him and Holgate ? They have seen them both play for them , and rate Holgate before Stones , they must know summat

I've studied John a lot since he left Oakwell barely a nipper .

The best games I've seen him have are when he's given a man marking job , during Costa's first season at Chelsea John had him in his back pocket all afternoon and I've seen him do a similar job against other top forwards very well .

Since he's gone to City he's struggled a bit , City play a zonal system and Pep forbids them from simply clearing the ball , they have to play out from the back period , he's made mistakes and it's knocked his confidence .

He's still a young lad and learning and he gets caught in two minds with this City zonal system .

Not sure if he's quite right for City to tell the truth , perhaps at an another top club like possibly Spurs he may be alright , they play out from the back too but will knock it out if they need to .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've studied John a lot since he left Oakwell barely a nipper .

The best games I've seen him have are when he's given a man marking job , during Costa's first season at Chelsea John had him in his back pocket all afternoon and I've seen him do a similar job against other top forwards very well .

Since he's gone to City he's struggled a bit , City play a zonal system and Pep forbids them from simply clearing the ball , they have to play out from the back period , he's made mistakes and it's knocked his confidence .

He's still a young lad and learning and he gets caught in two minds with this City zonal system .

Not sure if he's quite right for City to tell the truth , perhaps at an another top club like possibly Spurs he may be alright , they play out from the back too but will knock it out if they need to .
    Some fair points there mate but look at today's mistake by stones. It was his ball all day long for me, 70/ 30 in stones favour yet he was outmuscled, outpaced and wrong footed by firminho. It was sloppy and poor schoolboyish defending. He shows a lack of determination and grit for me in that situation. That surely cant be darn to lack of confidence. Defenders should defend when necessary and that was a situation where stones shouldve used his body and kicked it art for a throw in or a corner. Deal with the situation and regroup. Instead he showed the kind of sloppiness and naivety that would drive any manager mad. Big moment in the game and very costly

I don't think he has been poor for the last 18 month. He has been excellent this season, then he got injured, and he has been very poor since coming back from injury. I think City rushed him back too quickly

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Some fair points there mate but look at today's mistake by stones. It was his ball all day long for me, 70/ 30 in stones favour yet he was outmuscled, outpaced and wrong footed by firminho. It was sloppy and poor schoolboyish defending. He shows a lack of determination and grit for me in that situation. That surely cant be darn to lack of confidence. Defenders should defend when necessary and that was a situation where stones shouldve used his body and kicked it art for a throw in or a corner. Deal with the situation and regroup. Instead he showed the kind of sloppiness and naivety that would drive any manager mad. Big moment in the game and very costly

John's a good player pass but he's not top notch like Pep had at Barca .

For me he should be playing the game at the back on his own terms , if he thinks he needs to put his foot through it and row z it then so be it .

Maybe at the moment he isn't quite up to playing for Pep and Man City against the very best here and in Europe .

Why do even care he’s not playing for Barnsley any more left years ago ?

He made us a load of money only for BFC to waste it on a load of poor singings

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Why do even care he’s not playing for Barnsley any more left years ago ?
    Because he's a barnsley fan , sits with his dad in the ponty end whenever he can come over .

Not that its owt to do wi thee .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast