+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Other Sportsmen you Hate

I mentioned the rocket Ronnie earlier in the thread.

Here he is throwing the toys out the pram again when things weren't going his way against Ali Carter yesterday.

Again, he is an exceptional talent but damn hard to like the guy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/43936492

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I mentioned the rocket Ronnie earlier in the thread.

Here he is throwing the toys out the pram again when things weren't going his way against Ali Carter yesterday.

Again, he is an exceptional talent but damn hard to like the guy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/43936492
    Agree with this, seriously unlikable (unt.

See Also:-

Lewis Hamilton
    Nathan Lyon
    Dylan Hartley
    Mike Trout zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Vontaze Burfict

The two captains from Question of Sport. Phil "tuffers I'm such a bleedin hoot aint I " Tuffnell and that smug clown that used to play rugby for England and bake cakes or something.

I used to love it as a loon. Completely unwatchable now.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    The two captains from Question of Sport. Phil "tuffers I'm such a bleedin hoot aint I " Tuffnell and that smug clown that used to play rugby for England and bake cakes or something.

I used to love it as a loon. Completely unwatchable now.
    Have to disagree there

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Lewis Hamilton
    Vontaze Burfict
    Racist

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Racist
    Nice editing job.

I kinda agree with Kigoretrout about tuffers on Question of Sport but he's completely different on Test Match Special, well informed, knowledgeable and respectful. Whereas Graeme (Swanny, Swanster, G Man) Swann is just a colossal @rse.

I'm really starting to hate Jurgen Klopp, he is just so happy and upbeat all the time.

Great story about Faldo in the Sunday Times today

They tell a story from the Europe team room at the 2008 Ryder Cup in Kentucky that’s so amusing you could hardly make it up. This was Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville and it was at that point in the week where the players were growing tired of captain Nick Faldo’s somewhat challenging personality. Television commentary has done much to uncover Faldo’s wittier side but without ever banishing his HIF [high irritation factor]. Four days of Faldo, and the players were weary.

Wasn’t it his second wife, Gill, who said that, socially, Nick was a 24-handicapper? Particularly tired of Faldo’s HIF, one of the players thought it time to act. “Something I’ve never understood, Nick, is how come you’ve never been knighted? You’ve won six majors, more than any European player, and you’ve been brilliant in the Ryder Cup.” And then the clincher, the observation that killed poor Faldo. “You got your MBE in 1988 while Monty [fellow player Colin Montgomerie] has an OBE. Monty hasn’t one major and yet he’s got a higher award than yours.” Not seeing the wind-up, Faldo felt nothing but the injustice of it all. “It’s true. Monty hasn’t got anything like my record and this honours thing has baffled me too. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Another of the players then joined the conversation. “Gentlemen,” he said, for he was rather well spoken, “I may be able to shed some light on this. As some of you may be aware, I have some well-informed connections that would know about these things and, Nick, it seems Her Majesty thinks you’re a prat.”

Every player in the room laughed uncontrollably, for they too wanted to get at their captain. So devastating had the put-down been that the players almost felt sorry for their captain. Perhaps the story made its way back to Clarence House in London over time because Faldo was eventually knighted for “services to golf”. He thought of changing the name on his golf bag to SNICK. Get it? Thankfully, common sense prevailed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345