+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Other Sportsmen you Hate

I canna mind his name, but I think he played for Nairn in the cricket Highland League in the late 70s. He was probably the best batsman in the league, regularly scoring 70+ off the 40 overs the league allowed.

He got injured, and made a comeback against Keith's second XI (the zenith of my cricketing career when I went hame to Keith for the summer and was summoned to play at 1.30 since my hoose was next to the park and "we only hiv 9 men, you'll dee, min").

The boy came in to bat, took a few singles and was at the bowling end. He kept 'backing up' to a pretty outrageous extent, and twice our bowler brought it to the umpire's attention. The third time he did it, a couple of overs later, our bowler whipped aff the bails and appealed, on the grounds that he's already been warned twice. The umpire, a bit embarrassed, although also annoyed by billy big-bat taking the pish, asked the bowler, "are you sure, Mr Green?" to which Jimmy said, "I've telt the boy twice, hiven't I? He's at it noo".

Up went the dreaded finger of dismissal, and the boy wis raging. He walked off knocking lumps oot o the baize-like verdant sward of Fife Park with his bat, uttering fool orra profanities, helped none by our slip fielders sarcastically applauding him as he passed them.

His parting shot, for he had a fair arm on him, was "Watch yer ****in heids when you're batting, ye ****ers".

His captain did the right thing and subbed him for our innings which lasted about 12 overs.

So you sir, are a greying dandruff-flecked pube on which diseased crabs feast and fester.

And that's fit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Sebastian Coe.

Mick McManus.
    Sebastian Coe is indeed a ****ing **** of the ****ing highest order but Mick McManus wi his caully lugs was unhateable.

Well, my late Granda detested him to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Amir Khan
    How could i forget that tube

Tom Daly

Hi chaps. long time no post. Nigel Mansell for me.****.
    Also Denise Lewis (athlete).

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Hi chaps. long time no post. Nigel Mansell for me.****.
    Far you been min?

Got the new Primus album? Awesome sh@t

I like Nige im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Far you been min?

Got the new Primus album? Awesome sh@t

I like Nige im afraid
    Just been busy with work etc mate. I'll have a listen to Primus and download it in a few mins if its on Spotify.

I know Ronnie O'Sullivan has had his issues with depression and that but every year he seems to be coming out with some attention seeking grumble about something.

Qualification process, not enough money for a 147, too many tournaments..... He was sleeping in between frames not so long ago. A bit disrespectful to your opponent if you can't even be bothered to keep your eyes open.

Did he not miss the final black on purpose a year or 2 ago? Crowd were lapping the potential 147 up and then he goes and blooters it on the last shot just to prove some kind of point.

Got his own tv show now. Great player but I find it really hard to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by onebrianirvine View Post
    i had just assumed all the recent deid fowk had small hands...
    xd xd

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Oooooh no no no no no no no no no.

Until the neighbours complained about the smell......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast