+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Queens v Partick Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I once got told that the first game against Coldstream was played with a rope around the pitch . Can anyone confirm or deny ?
    I was at that game and can confirm that that is correct. Captain Blackadder had a hire and drive mini bus from the local school which broke down at Abington. We sent the local regional cross country champion off to search for a mechanic and amazingly he came back with one. Reached Coldstream around half time and enjoyed what was left of the match. Still remember a queens fan in full punk gear including a startling mohican, a style which I had never seen before ... think the weather conditions were similat to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    I was at that game and can confirm that that is correct. Captain Blackadder had a hire and drive mini bus from the local school which broke down at Abington. We sent the local regional cross country champion off to search for a mechanic and amazingly he came back with one. Reached Coldstream around half time and enjoyed what was left of the match. Still remember a queens fan in full punk gear including a startling mohican, a style which I had never seen before ... think the weather conditions were similat to today.
    This has been an enjoyable thread with the old Scottish Cup memories. Great stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Don’t think Queens have much of a choice , we’re struggling for a team
    National press articles have been centred on stopping the Dobmeister - if the Jags are successful with this ploy who is going to score goals with Kane away back to St. Johnstone ? Hopefully one of the younger players can step up to the plate and make himself a hero - come on Queens !

I heard that Fordyce and Ferguson will start with Cameron on the bench . Bell hurt his ankle in training yesterday

Really looking forward to this as cup fever has hit me and yes the team may be low on numbers but they will be getting my full backing today against a team that has been on a winter back but have only won like 5 games in the league.
    It will be tough but I think we can do it and I remember the last time we played them in the Scottish cup which we won the game in the last minute thanks to Dan Carmichael.
    Other games that stick in mind between the 2 teams are the cup final we won on pens and the league cup group game which we lost 2-1 as we lost 2 late goals so thinking about past games one think I noticed is that they are late goals and one league game which I can also remember when we was 4-0 up and only won the game 4-3 as Partick scored 3 late goals which I think could have been Jamie McDonald first game for us.

Come on Queens lets go for it!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)