+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Way Forward.

were a victim of our own success really teams especially at the lane just sitting behind the ball in their own half and its very difficult to break down chris has certainly improved our options with these new signings we do need that bit of individuality in the final third and a few shots from distance wouldnt go amiss now and again actually be good to play these next 4 teams they will all have a go at us and that suits our style utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Spot on and I'll put my tin hat on now for what my observations are from the last few weeks as regards the culprits for sideways passing and slowing the game down. 1st Stearman - get the ball, does that flicky thing between his legs (Please STOP it Richard, its NOT clever) looks left, gesticulates to JOC then passes it sideways!!! Sorry but he's bobbar.2nd Lundstram- improving, yes I know, but jeezus needs a written invitation to pass the ball. Spends far too much time pondering. Needs to be able to do a Coutts and move it first time if not certainly a lot quicker, and give over PLEASE with attempting too many hollywood balls.
    Wright was never afraid to find a pass into one of the midfield trio, another underrated strength of his.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Wright was never afraid to find a pass into one of the midfield trio, another underrated strength of his.
    Since the advent of the stats on every player for the pro' back room teams we have slowly seen an increase of 'dead' passes (Coutts does it and so does Lunstram...2/3 meaningless passes between the same two players) that increase the %age of successful passes made per player in their stats. Just my thought.

By the way, I like Jake but he was in the team that conceded 5.

It'd help a bit if we'd got somebody who can score a few from range like nearly every fecker seems to do against us. Hopefully Eamon and Lenny will do a bit of that.

As for being average, well possibly, but the league table shows that we're sixth on merit, we've certainly not been lucky, and so there must be a few team's around us just as 'average' so all is not lost eh chaps?

all is certainly not lost gray starting this saturday weve 19 cup finals and a cup run to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    all is certainly not lost gray starting this saturday weve 19 cup finals and a cup run to look forward to
    Spot on mate.

ive a strange feeling were gonna beat preston and draw pigs in 5th round at the lane and i think another 28 to 30 points from the remaining 19 games will secure us a play off spot

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Since the advent of the stats on every player for the pro' back room teams we have slowly seen an increase of 'dead' passes (Coutts does it and so does Lunstram...2/3 meaningless passes between the same two players) that increase the %age of successful passes made per player in their stats. Just my thought.

By the way, I like Jake but he was in the team that conceded 5.
    Well the team conceded 3, CCV conceded the other two.

It is simple.
    We need to start at Canary Row with all four of our latest signings.
    See if the can "suss" us out then!

think 3 at least will start

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast