+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Way Forward.

The Way Forward.

1. Stop f u cking about side to side among the back 3 if 1 of them has a mile of space ahead,run into the f u c ker,draw a man then pass.
    2. Stop f u cking about deep in the opponents half way out wide playing tikka takka between centre half,wing back and middy before playing it back into our own half or a ball infield to a marked player or crossing half an hour too late and not beating the first man.
    3. Play simple pass and move 1-2's and feed the 2 strikers in on goal.
    4. Get back to high press.
    5. Stop trying to walk the ball in. Cross early and shoot on sight.

All the above are why 1. We smashed this league and 2. Why we aren't anymore.

1. We should try really, really hard to score at least one more goal than the opposition does.

That is all.

Teams have sussed us out Gents.
    Part of the reason we started so well is that we were viewed as the Dog and Duck League one cloggers and we caught a lot of people out.
    Now they’ve sussed us we need to be a bit smarter in the final third, part of that is do what we’re doing but faster. Move the Baal quicker and pull people about.
    If we can do that we’ll start getting results again.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Teams have sussed us out Gents.
    Part of the reason we started so well is that we were viewed as the Dog and Duck League one cloggers and we caught a lot of people out.
    Now they’ve sussed us we need to be a bit smarter in the final third, part of that is do what we’re doing but faster. Move the Baal quicker and pull people about.
    If we can do that we’ll start getting results again.
    Agreed Jonny, the JTW seems to suggest that the issue is being addressed, as indicated too by the comments of CW post Match on Friday and before. Get that sharpness back into our game and we go again. Oh and the occasional pop at goal might not go amiss either....'Jus' Sayin like.....

I don't believe all this sussing us out bullsh@t.
    To say teams can suss out another team suggests that any team can be sussed out by anybody.
    Wolves aren't getting sussed out, they're just better than everybody else and nobody can do a thing about it let alone suss them out

We are an average Championship side, and that's what we all expected to be.
    It's just that we put a few good results together for 8 or 10 weeks to make us look better than we actually are.
    We're now finding our way back to the level that our talent actually suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    To say teams can suss out another team suggests that any team can be sussed out by anybody.
    Wolves aren't getting sussed out, they're just better than everybody else and nobody can do a thing about it let alone suss them out

It's just that we put a few good results together for 8 or 10 weeks to make us look better than we actually are.
    As hard as it is to admit, I'm beginning to think the same. And the sooner we all do, the better we will be for it. We started the season as plucky underdogs and exceeded expectations. As playoff contenders we're struggling to cope with the expectation. Let's tone it down a bit and see how we get on.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post

I actually agree about the average Championship side part and this is exactly why I say we’ve been sussed.
    We caught teams cold early on but now they’ve worked us out and worked our system out and we don’t have the individual quality Wolves have got to simply outplay people week in week out which is why they haven’t been sussed.

As always this league shows that any 1 of 11/12 teams find themselves fighting for a playoff spot/promotion. Wolves are gone but the rest is up for grabs still. Saturday will be a test of the highest level. When Norwich came to the lane we were flying and they frustrated us beyond belief. They will be expecting to beat us now and subsequently go within 3 points of us from the position of 13th in the league. We could just surprise them and show that we have got the grit to fight in the promotion chase. Bright side is we have a couple of players that should be chomping at the bit to play and impress. I'm optimistic about the weekend.

bb is right half the league is still in with a chance of a play off spot and i think that probably means the points total for say 5th and 6th might not need to be as high i think 72pts may well secure a top 6 finish this season so i reckon 8 wins and 4 or 5 draws wont see us far off the teams weve got coming up will certainly have a go at us and that will suit us fine utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    1. Stop f u cking about side to side among the back 3 if 1 of them has a mile of space ahead,run into the f u c ker,draw a man then pass.
    2. Stop f u cking about deep in the opponents half way out wide playing tikka takka between centre half,wing back and middy before playing it back into our own half or a ball infield to a marked player or crossing half an hour too late and not beating the first man.
    3. Play simple pass and move 1-2's and feed the 2 strikers in on goal.
    4. Get back to high press.
    5. Stop trying to walk the ball in. Cross early and shoot on sight.

All the above are why 1. We smashed this league and 2. Why we aren't anymore.
    Spot on and I'll put my tin hat on now for what my observations are from the last few weeks as regards the culprits for sideways passing and slowing the game down. 1st Stearman - get the ball, does that flicky thing between his legs (Please STOP it Richard, its NOT clever) looks left, gesticulates to JOC then passes it sideways!!! Sorry but he's bobbar.2nd Lundstram- improving, yes I know, but jeezus needs a written invitation to pass the ball. Spends far too much time pondering. Needs to be able to do a Coutts and move it first time if not certainly a lot quicker, and give over PLEASE with attempting too many hollywood balls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast