+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor

Bradford are interested in Ryan Taylor. Would he have been a better choice than Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Bradford are interested in Ryan Taylor. Would he have been a better choice than Smith?
    Ryan Taylor has a poor fitness and goalscoring record. Only got into double figures for the league season once - 11 for us in 2010/11. I know that he always scores against us, but that says more about our defence than Ryan's goalscoring ability. No evidence that he is obviously better than Smith . Best season for Smith 13 goals for Swindon 2014/15. Fairly similar standard
    Last edited by mikemiller; 14-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.

As you all know I thought he would go on and play a lot of games for us and score plenty of goals and I think leaving us was a big mistake for him and his career which I think has been proven over the years.

At this moment in time I would take Smith over Taylor.

UTM!

It took him an age to develop and improve, but just as he started to look like a proper centre forward, typically he left. How much did we get for him? Anyone remember?