+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bialkowski

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    I seem to recall that any clause involved depended on Ipswich reaching the prem, not a sell on clause.
    That's what I remember as well.

Quote from Mick McCarthy at the time...not sure if the sell on clause is still valid of course, but it would appear there was one.

"McCarthy said of the new arrival: “There’s no transfer fee – there’s a clause in it if we get promoted, a sell-on clause, but there wasn’t a fee."

TWTD (Independent Ipswich site) has this...

"
    Bialkowski joined the Blues from Notts County on a free transfer in the summer of 2014 - but with the deal including a sell-on clause entitling the Magpies to a percentage of any future fee"
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-01-2018 at 09:28 PM.

A sell on clause would be a timely boost for the coffers. Hopefully Swale is right and it is a decent chunk like 25%. 5% wouldn’t be too shabby and can’ see a sell on clause being any lower than that. Fingers crossed eh

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    A sell on clause would be a timely boost for the coffers. Hopefully Swale is right and it is a decent chunk like 25%. 5% wouldn’t be too shabby and can’ see a sell on clause being any lower than that. Fingers crossed eh
    I hope I'm right too, but I have no idea if the clause actually existed or whether it was 'cashed in' earlier. Fingers crossed!

Does somebody on here want to volunteer to ask AH on Twitter? He'll probably tell us if there's a clause if asked. Anywhere between 5-25% of £4million would be awesome tbh. When was the last time we received anything like that for a player? Ben Davies to Derby in 2011..?

I'm not on Twitter but has anyone who is thought of tweeting AH and asking him?

DSR beat me to it by 1 minute!
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 15-01-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Beaten to it!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Does somebody on here want to volunteer to ask AH on Twitter? He'll probably tell us if there's a clause if asked. Anywhere between 5-25% of £4million would be awesome tbh. When was the last time we received anything like that for a player? Ben Davies to Derby in 2011..?
    I remember about 15 years ago we had a significant sell-on clause when Steve Finnan went from Fulham to Liverpool for £3.5 million. As I recall it was around 20% which should have netted us £700,000. That was in the dark days of administration however, and I think the administrator accepted something like £125,000 from Fulham to buy out the clause just to keep us alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I remember about 15 years ago we had a significant sell-on clause when Steve Finnan went from Fulham to Liverpool for £3.5 million. As I recall it was around 20% which should have netted us £700,000. That was in the dark days of administration however, and I think the administrator accepted something like £125,000 from Fulham to buy out the clause just to keep us alive.
    Yep that's the way I remember that one.

Sky Sports, on 17th July 2014, quoted Mick McCarthy as saying “There’s no transfer fee – there’s a clause in it if we get promoted, a sell-on clause, but there wasn’t a fee.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ski-at-ipswich

Apparently, his contract runs out at the end of this season but they have the option to extend it by one year.

Their fans think he is worth double what Palace have offered.

Let’s see, what would we need to cover our losses for this season ……… 25% of £8m, please!

No clue how reliable this is but taken from a Twitter post about an hour ago...

Could be made up or could be real. Does anyone recognise the format as being from a computer game or something??

Name:  DT68xPmW0AAI-lQ.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  93.4 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-01-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast