+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrille Regis

A truly amazing player, met him a few times, a really nice guy.
    One of the few players that went to Wolves and came back to play against us and received a massive cheer when he came on.
    RIP Cyrille

After the euphoria of Saturday we come down to earth with this devastating news. Our hearts go out to his family. RIP Cyrille.

The perfect Number 9. He was my hero and the numerous occasions I met him was courteous and a gentleman. A beast of a footballer, he had it all. The only Wolves player I have seen having a standing ovation when he played against us. Sadly under used by the National team.
    So sad
    R.I.P. Big Fella. Sleep well.

​​​​​​​

A great player and a gentleman.

Shocking news to receive of an Albion all time great. An integral member of that wonderful 1978-79 side and what a player he was; what a man. Condolences to his family and loved ones. RIP.

That's one smack in the face to get up to this morning,a true Albion great taken at a very young age.Rip Cyrille you have left us with a mindful of great memories.gutted

I was just thinking of Astle and Osgood dying so young at 59 and then I open this thread. Dreadful news an all time legend, peerless.

Not long ago I saw Cyrille at a Stourbridge FC match,the big man was still a marvellous pysical specimen and he still played in testimonial matches so this news is even harder to take.

A unique player,I don't think I've ever seen such raw untamed power in another player in all the years I've watched football.

I'm so glad I begged my dad to cut short our holiday in Torquay in 77 so that I could get home for his league debut v Boro so that I got to witness that amazing solo goal!

At 59 he's just three years older than me.....the good lord has really started "picking from my pen" now.

A truly miserable piece of news with which to start a week!

Thanks for all the memories Cyrille,a 100 years from now your presence will still linger at The Hawthorns,the word "legend" is truly fitting in your case.

RIP big fella.

Really sad news
    I just wanted to pass on my condolences and thought this would be the best place to do it.

RIP Cyrille

Truly a blue Monday. The word Legend is so overused these days but not in this case.

My local pub in the Worcestershire village where I live hosted a charity evening in aid of leukaemia on 30th October just gone with TP, Cyrille and Pat Murphy in attendance. I can only echo the comments already made that he was a truly nice, decent and modest bloke who seemed to genuinely enjoy being in the company of fellow Baggies and being able to support a good cause. It was interesting to see so many people all like star struck kids when meeting him such is the high regard he was held in. A mate of mine remarked that his persona is everything that some of the current Premier League star names could only dream of being. RIP Cyrille. Thanks for the memories.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)