+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cyrille Regis

Brilliant collection of pictures on the Albion website (article 'Cyrille Regis in profile'). Would be great to see them here.

I can't get over the amount and range of tributes that have and still are being paid to the great man. A fitting tribute indeed and I have never seen anything similar.

I came home from work early yesterday, switched on the internet and was greeted by this news. Totally shocked. I think more than else his age and the great condition he was in. I thought it was a sick joke at first.
    Lucky enough to have seen most of his games for us, including his debuts in the league cup, league and fa cup, in which he scored in all of them.
    My favourite game was the 3-1 against Everton, in which he raced half the length of the pitch to score with a player hanging off his waist, and then scored with a volley from 18 yards direct from a corner.
    Anyone who ever saw him play will never forget him.

R.I.P. Cyrille a true icon of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I came home from work early yesterday, switched on the internet and was greeted by this news. Totally shocked. I think more than else his age and the great condition he was in. I thought it was a sick joke at first.
    Lucky enough to have seen most of his games for us, including his debuts in the league cup, league and fa cup, in which he scored in all of them.
    My favourite game was the 3-1 against Everton, in which he raced half the length of the pitch to score with a player hanging off his waist, and then scored with a volley from 18 yards direct from a corner.
    Anyone who ever saw him play will never forget him.

R.I.P. Cyrille a true icon of the game.
    My favourite game was the one against the Villa when we were losing 1-0 then Cyrille and Thommo tore them a new one.
    I also remember his first goal for Coventry at our place. I think we beat em 5 that day. I think he volleyed it in with his knee.

I think the 5th round of the FA Cup v Forest at our place was my abiding memory of him as he raced past Kenny Burns to hit that half volley past Shilton. And of Willie J winding Cloughie up. Great memories when as a club we had the world at our feet.

I particuarly remember two games at my then nearest ground Selhurst.

I took 3 mates none of them Albion or Palace fans to what was a poor match lit up by a superb header from Cyrille. A couple of years later he did a one man demolition job on Palace in a League Cup Tie. Left the ground with an impressive number of away fans singing
    Hark now hear the West Brom sing
    The King is born today
    His name is cYrille Regis
    And he's better than Andy Gray.

Oh for another goal scoring hero with just a sprinking of the magic Cyrille Regis brought to the Albion. And a great bloke with it.

If you are waiting for another Regis, forget it. There hasn't been anyone like him in the last 40 years, doubt there ever will be.

Came as a right shock when I saw this yesterday, a true Baggie legend. Very sad news.

I'm a few days late on here but I did post on social media on Monday after hearing the sad news. Although big Cyril played also for Coventry, Villa and Wolves, with great distinction, application and professionalism, he is, to me anyway, foremost an Albion legend. My condolences to his family, friends and fans, his passing at such a young age for a guy who still looked so fit is going to leave a huge hole in many peoples lives.

Very difficult news to take when I heard it....but alas it was true...
    When I think green and yellow stripes...I think first C Regis......
    RIP.......

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)