+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrille Regis

Thanks for the good times buddy.

RIP Cyrille

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Thanks for the good times buddy.

RIP Cyrille
    My sentiments entirely. Thoughts with his family. Just so so sad.

R.I.P. Cyrille you will never be forgotten

Class, pure and simple...what a player...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCVze6H9B4

Great player - proud to have seen him in his pomp. RIP Cyrille. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Such sad news to hear this morning. All comments on threads everywhere from social media to BBC etc - just reading the comments shows what a great icon Regis was. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Truly a blue Monday. The word Legend is so overused these days but not in this case.

My local pub in the Worcestershire village where I live hosted a charity evening in aid of leukaemia on 30th October just gone with TP, Cyrille and Pat Murphy in attendance. I can only echo the comments already made that he was a truly nice, decent and modest bloke who seemed to genuinely enjoy being in the company of fellow Baggies and being able to support a good cause. It was interesting to see so many people all like star struck kids when meeting him such is the high regard he was held in. A mate of mine remarked that his persona is everything that some of the current Premier League star names could only dream of being. RIP Cyrille. Thanks for the memories.

Always so refreshing that Cyrille was always first and foremost a "former Albion player" and proud of his past whereas others like his very pale shadow Don Goodman seem to want to erase Albion from their mind and their Wikipedia page.

Cyrille was always one of our own who just happened to play ( with distinction ) for Coventry,Wolves and Villa and was held in high esteem by ALL of his former clubs.

A class act in AL, respects.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Always so refreshing that Cyrille was always first and foremost a "former Albion player" and proud of his past whereas others like his very pale shadow Don Goodman seem to want to erase Albion from their mind and their Wikipedia page.

Cyrille was always one of our own who just happened to play ( with distinction ) for Coventry,Wolves and Villa and was held in high esteem by ALL of his former clubs.

A class act in AL, respects.
    Cyrille was ours first and will always remain so his own statement on the whitewall at B71 is his own testament to that fact,
    Don who? A pale imitation with little or no class unlike Cyrille

Too upset to post.

Dreadfully sad news. While the word legend often gets over-used, in his case the word fits perfectly. He was a true legend in every sense of the word. Thanks for the great memories Cyrille. You will be missed. Sincere condolences to your family.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Class, pure and simple...what a player...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCVze6H9B4
    I've just watched it. Everyone should watch it Wonderful.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)