+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Cyril Regis

RIP Cyril Regis

Aged 59,that's a big shock.RIP fella.UTCB

One of the famous 'Three Degrees', a very memorable player. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Aged 59,that's a big shock.RIP fella.UTCB
    Shocked

RIP fella

59 is no age to go, really saddened by this, he seemed like a real gentle giant
    RIP Cyril,

Ridiculously young,a superb centre forward was Cyrille,I was really shocked when I heard the news this morning

RIP Big Man

Has anyone seen DEANO's interview on't Beeb? He gets very emotional when talkin abart Cyrille,calls him a proper gentleman well in ym view DEANO is as well.UTCB

Rod Fern has passed away aged 69,ex Leicester(played in the 68 cup final v.Man City),Luton,Chezzy&Rovrum.He was a very good player in my view,he's been sufferin wi Alzhiemers these last few years.RIP Rod UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Has anyone seen DEANO's interview on't Beeb? He gets very emotional when talkin abart Cyrille,calls him a proper gentleman well in ym view DEANO is as well.UTCB
    Fantastic interview. Anyone who reckons that racism is 'just a bit of banter' or 'only words' should be made to watch that. Seeing a big bloke like Deano so emotional not just over the loss of one of his role models, but over the amount of abuse that black players used to get, is truly humbling.

Remember one of the first coloured players I saw was Clyde Best of the Wet Shammers. Think he was a full back. Regis was one of those players that every team would have loved to had. Can't even guess what he'd be worth today, same with Rod Fern.

Think Charlie Williams at Donny was one of the first coloured players around here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast