+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyrille Regis RIP

Cyrille Regis RIP

Sorry to see that Cyrille Regis has passed away, the cause was an heart attack. He was only 59.

He only takes the good guys and Trump is still with us

The great Tommy Lawrence last week and Cyrille Regis this morning. Very sad, especially at the age of just 59, and to think that there’s now only one of West Brom’s ‘Three Degrees’ left.

They don't give any cause.

Always a shame when anybody dies but at this young age it does make us older ones think twice. Yesterday has gone. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Today is a gift which is why it's called the present. Make the most of your present, it might be your last.

A bloody good striker.
    Rest in peace. A chant on the terraces when he scored.
    Nice one Cyrille
    Nice one son
    Let's have another one!

And he usually obliged.

I'll say this.
    Is Cyrille Regis is in the England teAm today, I'd put good money on England winning Russia 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    They don't give any cause.

Always a shame when anybody dies but at this young age it does make us older ones think twice. Yesterday has gone. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Today is a gift which is why it's called the present. Make the most of your present, it might be your last.
    Heart Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I'll say this.
    Is Cyrille Regis is in the England teAm today, I'd put good money on England winning Russia 2018
    Cyrille Regis was a great trailblazer and knocked down some walls - we can all remember the bile that all black players had to put up with in the day and I doff my cap to every one of them for what they went through.

But as a footballer he was good without being great - his strike rate was on a par with someone like Dean Saunders, not to be scoffed at but hardly all time great status. I'd argue Harry Kane is on track to be a far more prolific striker.

That said, RIP Cyrille, that West Brom team was one that we all secretly wanted to win (along with the late 70s Ipswich, a damned good footballing side at a time when we weren't).

Talking about Ipswich. And not to be boastful I thought Forest were going to win the Treble in 1978 until we ran into Regis and West Brom in the quarters. They won 2-0. But then fell to Ipswich. They had the team to win it.

Great man, great player. He respected his talent and the game but also, and especially, the fans (unlike some of the money grabbing players about today)!! Thoughts with his family and friends. RIP Cyril.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)