+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deid: 80s guff fitba legend

*******s

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    There was another joke did the rounds of questionable taste back then.

WBA had Len Cantello and another boy whose name ended in an O, might have been Mayo or some such.

The joke was "Who are the 5 WBA players whose names end in O?"
    The answer was the two boys fa's name ended in O and three s***os.

Now this joke was doing the rounds in mainstream media places back then, I'm sure I read it in "Shoot" magazine FFS.

Thankfully, we've moved on a lot since then and it was the three high profile WBA boys that were at the forefront of change (and took obscene amounts of abuse).

Regis was a cracking big striker and 59 is afffa young.

RIP fella.
    Unbelievably WBA held a game (might’ve been a testimonial for the player you mentioned, Cantello) that was blacks v whites.
    WBA borrowed a couple from Wolves to make up the X1.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Unbelievably WBA held a game (might’ve been a testimonial for the player you mentioned, Cantello) that was blacks v whites.
    What's wrong with that !

I hear China have a team full of Chinese players. The Ghana squad is all black ..

shocking..

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    What's wrong with that !

I hear China have a team full of Chinese players. The Ghana squad is all black ..

shocking..
    Whit?
    You think it’s ok to deliberately say all blacks in that team, all whites in the other?
    Aye. Ok :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    What's wrong with that !

shocking..
    Jussi.............are you SERIOUS??? YOU are havin a laugh just to comments right???
    If not you should be kicked out of this site without even thinking about it.............that is outrageous.

You should hang your head in shame for putting comments like that down on this chat page

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Whit?
    You think it’s ok to deliberately say all blacks in that team, all whites in the other?
    Aye. Ok :-)
    You make it sound antebellum , & as if they were forced to participate. In that case obviously It's not right.

But, I would have thought it more likely to have been a convivial, good natured & innocent event, enjoyed by all. I am sure it was,

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Jussi.............are you SERIOUS??? YOU are havin a laugh just to comments right???
    If not you should be kicked out of this site without even thinking about it.............that is outrageous.

You should hang your head in shame for putting comments like that down on this chat page
    You need some introspection

article about the black v white game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37924448

from that link

Batson recalls no controversy. "Nobody ever rang us up and said, 'Do you realise the implication?' Nothing at all. It was fun. In that dressing room it was just great fun."

Brendon Batson ,
    in the black team to be clear.
    Last edited by Jussi; 15-01-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Politicians and media numpties are far too obsessed with racism nowadays. They make it out to be the worst crime in the world, they really should lighten up a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast