+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MIkey Devlin

MIkey Devlin

One of todays newspapers reporting we have tabled a bid for Accies defender Mikey Devlin. Not sure if its pre contract or an actual fee for him now. He did an acl last season i think

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    One of todays newspapers reporting we have tabled a bid for Accies defender Mikey Devlin. Not sure if its pre contract or an actual fee for him now. He did an acl last season i think
    Huge gamble.
    Hasn’t played in 7-8 months.
    Would he be an upgrade on what we have?
    Doubt it.

He could fill the void left by Callum Morris.

If he's right after his injury him and McKenna could form a partnership to see us right for years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Huge gamble.
    Hasn’t played in 7-8 months.
    Would he be an upgrade on what we have?
    Doubt it.
    Left sided centre half if I remember right - how many of them do we need?

I recall DM alluding to, had he not done his ACL (for the 2nd time, I think) that he would have signed a pre contract last spring (seemed to think he was out of contract last summer, maybe not)

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Left sided centre half if I remember right - how many of them do we need?

I recall DM alluding to, had he not done his ACL (for the 2nd time, I think) that he would have signed a pre contract last spring (seemed to think he was out of contract last summer, maybe not)
    Pretty sure he’s right sided FTH.
    His contract expires in summer.
    Even when he was playing every week & fit I doubt he’d be an upgrade to be honest.

Don't know much about him to be honest but I seem to recall that we were linked with him last summer? Or that may just have been wishlisting by some of our fans. I suspect Reynolds may move on this summer and Arnason isn't getting any younger so we're likely to be in the market for a new CH.

Quote Originally Posted by mason89 View Post
    he could fill the void left by callum morris.
    Aye mason must admit this did actually make me have a chuckle min, haha

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Don't know much about him to be honest but I seem to recall that we were linked with him last summer? Or that may just have been wishlisting by some of our fans. I suspect Reynolds may move on this summer and Arnason isn't getting any younger so we're likely to be in the market for a new CH.
    Accies fan i work with says that they had heard the same rumours in the past (before the injury). According to him, he is nearly back from his injury and would be a good signing for us if we can keep him fit as he has been a little injury prone.

At only 24, i think he would be a good signing based on what i saw of him before the injury

Devlin was excellent the night we lost 1-0 at ND Park despite having 99% possession and 3,000 attempts on goal. That game was around about the time there were suggestions of him getting a Scotland call up. If he can get back to that level of performance (McInnes'ism) then he could be a useful addition. I doubt he would be any better than McKenna and Arneson based on current form though so he isnt going to make any impact on our current team.

Although its not too unrealistic to think that Devlin could be a successor to the latter in due course. Or even the former if some silly money appears for McKenna.
    Last edited by bpdon; 16-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast