+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Carillion

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I always though the USA M67 grenade was classed as one of the best with its fragmentation properties when it exploded. Didn't it replace the M26 which was used during the Vietnam and Korean wars.....
    The M26, or Lemon Grenade was the USA smooth~sided variation of our Mills Bomb which had a pineapple~type exterior....this developed into the M61 which had a "Jungle clip" to prevent snagging in the Vietnam jungle........the M67 came into service in 1971

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The M26, or Lemon Grenade was the USA smooth~sided variation of our Mills Bomb which had a pineapple~type exterior....this developed into the M61 which had a "Jungle clip" to prevent snagging in the Vietnam jungle........the M67 came into service in 1971
    Name:  M26.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  35.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Name:  M26.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  35.9 KB
    Name:  m26-hand-grenade.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  61.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Did you know there are 42 different types of hand grenades, past and present.....arguably the most famous is the Mills Bomb invented in 1915 by the Brits and 70 million of these were produced between 1915 and 1970.
    You're wrong there, Tarkers. There are 43. You've forgotten the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, details of which can be found in Armaments, Chapter 2, Verses 9 to 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Name:  Holy Hand Grenade.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  46.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You know me. Like to season my footy with a bit of debate. So while we're waiting for the name of the new striker, what do you think (for those of you who do) of the total up de coq they have made of Carillion?
    Who's to blame - May's misfits or crappy capitalism?
    Once again the right whingers are screaming for the public purse to pick up the damage while letting the private sector pick up the profitable bits.
    Oh, and of course, it's nowt to do with Brexit. Don't half make you proud to be British.
    Al Cid
    This sits with a few people.

The previous financial director, who reported record profits in Dec 2016 just as he was retiring.

Issues with payment in the Middle East, due to how business is done there - if they decide not to pay, you have a battle - and the instability in those regions.

The board of directors, who ignored the new financial director in Feb 2017 when he warned them about the financial situation. He was dismissed a month later for not towing the company line.

When they finally owned up to the situation, the government kept on awarding them work - up to Wedenesday last week they were being awarded government contracts.

... my dad used to march from West Bridgford to Widmerpool Station and back, when in the Home Guard in 1940.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... my dad used to march from West Bridgford to Widmerpool Station and back, when in the Home Guard in 1940.
    I remember when Widmerpool station was a pub and restaurant.

My dad was in the front line in France when the first shot was fired, he was under a bed in Gateshead when the second went off.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    My dad was in the front line in France when the first shot was fired, he was under a bed in Gateshead when the second went off.

I can trace my lineage back to pre Doomsday Book. I'll ev you know my forebears ran away and hid during the Battle of Hastings.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I can trace my lineage back to pre Doomsday Book. I'll ev you know my forebears ran away and hid during the Battle of Hastings.
    Pity you din't lern to spel DOMESDAY then, innit?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast