+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT: Carillion

... come on chaps, concentrate on the topic ... the Home Guard were issued with WW1 surplus Lee Enfield rifles to replace the pitch forks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... come on chaps, concentrate on the topic ... the Home Guard were issued with WW1 surplus Lee Enfield rifles to replace the pitch forks.
    They should have kept the pitchforks - they don't like it up 'em!

By the way, and going off topic, isn't PFI something to do with financial fair play?
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 17-01-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This is now looking like a serious crisis for the government. I'll make no bones about it:much of the political blame for Carillion (in the long term) belongs to Blair. His government developed the PFI model that was the prototype. At least Corbyn's version would be state-controlled and not permitting failing directors to feather a nest with a six-figure payout.
    But May's lot have known this outfit was sailing down the swanny for 18 months and choose to give it even more contracts so that the banks would think 'Oh HMG believe in them so we can lend them even more'. That convinced nobody.
    This is a topic worthy of debate. Tarquin's puny efforts on this fred show just how out of touch he is with the UK. He reacted just as nonchalantly to Grenfell. Laxative Lad and Prisoner i961 aren't capable of rational debate so I can't blame them for dipping out.
    Okay, lads, back to you with your hand grenade b o l l o x.
    Prisoner i961??? I have taken part in ''rational'' debates in the past and all that happens it gets turned into us verses them with the same protagonists every time. You, Elite, BFG etc, will slate the Tories. Joe, Serious, Tarqs etc. will do the same to Labour just read what is being posted. It's Majors fault no it's Blairs and then look who is posting it. It gets a bit tiresome so a few on here have tried to turn it into a bit of fun. Obviously not succeeding in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    What's a PFI? My only financial connection with the UK nowadays is a few grand in Barclays and my premium bonds!
    Oh do try to keep up, this is the hand grenade thread.
    “PFI” means “Pull, Frow, Innit.”
    These are the new modern English language instructions to go on the side of all British Army hand grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Prisoner i961??? I have taken part in ''rational'' debates in the past and all that happens it gets turned into us verses them with the same protagonists every time. You, Elite, BFG etc, will slate the Tories. Joe, Serious, Tarqs etc. will do the same to Labour just read what is being posted. It's Majors fault no it's Blairs and then look who is posting it. It gets a bit tiresome so a few on here have tried to turn it into a bit of fun. Obviously not succeeding in your eyes.
    Precisely......if I am going to have a nice little argument, or big usually in my case, I would rather do it over a subject that arouses my interest and those of my protagonists, I have just checked the BBC news and Chameleon is basically a non~story....Party A dreams up a way to save some dosh by privatising labia enhancements, Party B says "oooh~errr, cracking idea, we will use it to privatise transgender operations for the under 5s", Party A gets back into power and the cycle of endless waste continues blah blah infinitum....10 or 20 years later, everyone has filled up their Bermudan bank accounts and done a runner with the pension pot.....yeah yeah Sid, we get it..... obviously not me though because I am "hopelessly misinformed".

Right...back on topic....in 1915 the Germans were getting a bit cheesed off with those pesky Tommies lobbing their Potato Mashers back into the German trenches....so they invented a contact grenade rather than a delayed~fuse grenade....the Turtle grenade or Diskushandgranate, seriously, was designed to be spun like a discus towards the Allied trenches, the longitudinal spinning motion activated the percussion pin and the Turtle exploded on landing......smart huh?

After the war.....Turtle~spinning or Diskus~throwing was allowed into the Olympic Games in memory of this stunning invention.....and we still won the inaugural event!!.....which basically peed off the Germans even more and this led to the 2nd World War

ps I have just found my pound sign...it was on the shift plus 3 marked as the hash key.....so here are a few freebies towards paying off those PFI bills...££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££... .that is called quantitative easing, basically what the World banks do every day....invent more money on a keyboard
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 17-01-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Oh do try to keep up, this is the hand grenade thread.
    “PFI” means “Pull, Frow, Innit.”
    These are the new modern English language instructions to go on the side of all British Army hand grenades.
    As far as grenades are concerned, 'P.F.I, means, 'please flee instantly'. Well it did when I was in Nam, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but I have always tried to avoid that (falling into one of two camps). For example, I put the blame on Blair |(Labour) here every bit as much as the Tories (for their slow and inadequate response). On this occasion, (PFI) I prefer a Corbyn model but I share people's concerns about Corbyn as PM (so does Elite, I think).
    You never get a properly considered response from Soccerman because, frankly, I don't think he has the nous - too busy winding up (very unsuccessfully in my case). Serious can post some intelligent ideas when he's not carried away insulting others and telling them they know nothing about deals & business. Tarquin can be funny and thoughtful but also nasty and racist.
    If posters keep their views short and sharp, it can be useful and worth reading.
    Btw, Prisoner i961 was a reference to the fact that you are known by a number, not a name. Don't take it personal - it's a joke. Make one back would be a good response.
    Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but I have always tried to avoid that (falling into one of two camps). For example, I put the blame on Blair |(Labour) here every bit as much as the Tories (for their slow and inadequate response). On this occasion, (PFI) I prefer a Corbyn model but I share people's concerns about Corbyn as PM (so does Elite, I think).
    You never get a properly considered response from Soccerman because, frankly, I don't think he has the nous - too busy winding up (very unsuccessfully in my case). Serious can post some intelligent ideas when he's not carried away insulting others and telling them they know nothing about deals & business. Tarquin can be funny and thoughtful but also nasty and racist.
    If posters keep their views short and sharp, it can be useful and worth reading.
    Btw, Prisoner i961 was a reference to the fact that you are known by a number, not a name. Don't take it personal - it's a joke. Make one back would be a good response.
    Have a good day.

Lol.

... If posters keep their views short and sharp, it can be useful and worth reading ... oh, the ironing!
    Anyway - where were you when the Germans tried to bomb Trent Bridge (bad job at Turneys - very near miss). Dad's Home Guard patrol were at Blackberry Hill, near Cotgrave, splendid view ... he thought they'd hit the City Ground!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Lol.
    Case proven

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast