Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
This is now looking like a serious crisis for the government. I'll make no bones about it:much of the political blame for Carillion (in the long term) belongs to Blair. His government developed the PFI model that was the prototype. At least Corbyn's version would be state-controlled and not permitting failing directors to feather a nest with a six-figure payout.
But May's lot have known this outfit was sailing down the swanny for 18 months and choose to give it even more contracts so that the banks would think 'Oh HMG believe in them so we can lend them even more'. That convinced nobody.
This is a topic worthy of debate. Tarquin's puny efforts on this fred show just how out of touch he is with the UK. He reacted just as nonchalantly to Grenfell. Laxative Lad and Prisoner i961 aren't capable of rational debate so I can't blame them for dipping out.
Okay, lads, back to you with your hand grenade b o l l o x.
Eh? I heard that! And the usual childish attempt at swearing, naughty sid!

Anyway, back to the main fred. Did you know that the "pineapple" design of the Mills bomb was not to aid fragmentation but to give a good grip to throw with? Not a lot people know that.